snowboarding alaska

Old October 29th 05, 12:20 PM
Jim

Default snowboarding alaska

Hello everyone!
Next season my friends and me want to go snowboarding on that other
continent... :-) on the other end of the Atlantic....
we were discussing about Canada or somewhere in America, etc. etc. But I
thought: "He why not combine a returntrip to Alaska (i've been there in
summer 2002 and still planning to go there again!) with some good
snowboarding!"
So I told my friends about my idea of returning to Alaska some time. They
were very enthusiastic and before I knew I received orders to work out some
ideas and figure out some good possibilities, etc. Especially they asked if
I knew some good places to stay for a while..So now I have some questions
and I hope that you can find some time to help me out. Ofcourse I know I can
figure things out through the internet, but I prefer to have somewhat more
"inside information" if possible, to begin with...
Who has experience in snowboarding in Alaska? I guess we want to go
somewhere around Anchorage, how are the snowboarding possibilities around
Anchorage anyway? or to the southeast Haines or Juneau?!

What's the best period for snowboarding over there? I guess somewhere in the
period of feb. to april?!

It's really easy to book a trip through the internet, but that's not the way
i would like to do it. I've learned that visiting Alaska is great anyway,
but if you really meet some people over there and sometimes do things
together, it is so much better and far more interesting and a great way to
enrich yourself... We don't want to stay in "typical"American hotels or
skireresorts, and we would like to really meet people and enjoy places and
the outdoors, also in some other way then just snowboarding.

Do you know some good place or places to stay? Where it's easy to meet
people that can help us out with things or maybe like to guide us around a
bit?

Can you, or do you know people who can, help us with these matters?! And
lots of other questions ofcourse but i guess if you read this you know
what im kind of trying to find out....

Hope you can help me out with some info!

Grtz,

Jim