Atomic GS11m and 614 race bindings

Old October 3rd 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Chris

Default Atomic GS11m and 614 race bindings

Looking for info about installation , if anyone has any ideas please
post

Thanks

Old October 5th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
down_hill

Chris wrote:
Looking for info about installation , if anyone has any ideas please
post

Thanks

Find a bench tech that will show you the process. //pay what he wants
beer food whatever//
It is pretty straight forward the instruction manual that comes with the
binding is complete. What you need to be shown is how much load to set
toe preload and the interaction between different setting. Plus having
a tech show you while you can ask questions is priceless.
I check my binding every time I prep my ski's for proper free play and
damage and wear points. I prep my ski's before every event and bring a
bench and tool kit to multiple day events. I have been lucky to have
been given personal lessons from a former atomic rep, my first time on
Atomic binding he took them apart on top of hill while waiting for race
run. The person who had installed them did not install them correctly
//a certified atomic tech on LI//
If a tech is willing to show you he probably understands what to do, but
you need to ask questions of tech to determine if he truly understands
what he is doing many people can read well from a book but never have
done it.
When you walk with boots on a hard surface you will damage the sole
this will change the preload, so it is not only the binding that you
need to look at. So there are several factors that you expect your bench
tech to be familiar with that you may not even think about.
The only real reason to learn this is to be able to adjust your binding
for race situations, since a shop will not set bindings to anything but
what the charts show.
If your doing this to save money your foolish!

Stay away from Lenox Hill hospital in NYC they give a free staff
infection with every operation.

michael

Old October 5th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Chris

Thanks for your info, I took it to a shop where they dont do Atomic, I
found out latter, they do everything else but not Atomics, I brought in
the instructions for the bindings and the tech was asking me questions,
they are not Atomic cert. so I'm gonna go get my uninstalled bingings,
skis an my boot...

Thanks again,...

you in NY??

Old October 6th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
down_hill

Chris wrote:

Looking for info about installation , if anyone has any ideas please
post

Thanks

Yes NYC
Where did you take the binding to have them installed?