nice nordic forum?

Old August 16th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default nice nordic forum?

On Aug 6, 11:43*am, "
wrote:
which non-google-groups nordic forum currently has the highest signal-
to-noise? Skinnyski? I used to mock non-usenet privately moderated
forums, but I finally admit I am calling it quits here.

Not sure about the technical distinctions between groups, forums,
usenet, etc. If you're looking for a good place for discussions and
advice about nordicskiing, especially the competition end of the
sport, I'd recommend Fasterskier.com. I think they used to charge to
join back when Torbjorn ran it, but it's free now. I agree that the
spam has become intoleralble here.

Randy

Old August 17th 10, 03:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:07:43 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

On Aug 6, 11:43*am, "
wrote:
which non-google-groups nordic forum currently has the highest
signal- to-noise? Skinnyski? I used to mock non-usenet privately
moderated forums, but I finally admit I am calling it quits here.

Not sure about the technical distinctions between groups, forums,
usenet, etc. If you're looking for a good place for discussions and
advice about nordicskiing, especially the competition end of the
sport, I'd recommend Fasterskier.com. I think they used to charge to
join back when Torbjorn ran it, but it's free now. I agree that the
spam has become intoleralble here.

Fasterskier is not really a discussion place. Occasionally there are
some, but even most of those aren't very good. It never had a fee;
Torbjorn had separate services he charged for.

Gene

Rec.skiing.nordic skiers unite! - report abusers of this forum to Google NordicSkiRacer Nordic Skiing 5 August 24th 07 03:06 AM
Usenet vs PHP forum [email protected] Nordic Skiing 23 December 21st 06 03:03 PM
New xc ski forum ( [email protected] Nordic Skiing 35 December 17th 06 06:09 AM
New Forum gr Nordic Skiing 0 December 5th 06 02:39 AM
Web Based Forum Batfield Alpine Skiing 0 February 9th 04 11:21 AM