New Zealand Sprint Champs Results

Old August 25th 03, 08:46 PM
Roger Knight

Default New Zealand Sprint Champs Results

Hey Rob-
Thanks for the posting, I am sure that everyone found it informative
to know the results of the race! The only problem is that you didn't
quite provide the info that people might need to figure out why you
are putting Toko by some athletes names. Let's explain it so everyone
knows....
You are claiming that these athletes are Toko sponsored POLE
athletes....having nothing to do with wax...please make this clear as
you have no way of knowing what they skiied on for wax unless one of
the US Ski Team wax staff told you. In addition, please check the
accuracy on this before posting if you can....

Hilary Patzer is a Swix sponsored athlete.

Chris Cook is not on Toko poles, he is a Swix sponsored athlete, but
has not received his poles yet...he probably skiied on his old
sponsor's poles...Exel.

In addition, for those of you who are wondering, Lindsey Weier, David
Chamberlain, Andrew Newell, and Leif Zimmerman all race on Swix poles
and gloves. Also, the winner of all of the other races down under
during NZ Nationals, Kris Freeman races on Swix poles...his brother
Justin, who was second and third in those races races on Toko
poles(just to prove that I am not showing you only one half of the
story!)

Just wanted to make sure that Toko didn't get away with claiming other
people's athletes, hopefully Rob will make sure of his claims next
time before he posts them...or maybe we could just post the results of
the race without the commercial attached to it!

Ski fast, train smart and well!

Here are the results from Kiwi land:

New Zealand National Sprint Championships

National Championship Final

USA/ Toko Kikkan Randall 2:01.90

USA/Toko Hilary Patzer 2:10.58

USA/Toko Wendy Wagner 2:11.03

USA/Toko Kate Whitcomb 2:14.89

Womens Qualifying

USA/Toko Kikkan randall 2:04

USA/Toko Wendy Wagner 2:10

USA Kate Whitcomb 2:15.08

USA Hilary Patzer 2:15.22

USA/Toko Melissa Oram 2:15.51

USA/Toko Aubrey Smith 2:16.0

USA Lindsey Weier 2:17.0

Semi 1

USA/Toko Kikkan Randall 2:12.57

USA/Toko Kate Whitcomb 2:14.21

USA/Toko Melissa Oram 2:14.58

USA Lindsey Weier 2:17.41

Semi 2

USA/Toko Wendy Wagner 2:11.5

USA/Toko Hilary Patzer 2:12.49

USA/Toko Aubrey Smith 2:14.95

KIWI Katerina Bonderenko

Mens New Zealand Sprint Championship

National Championship Final

USA/Toko Torin Koos 1:44.66

USA Andrew Newell 1:46.92

USA Dave Chamberlain 1:50.02

USA/Toko Chris Cook 1:54.34

Mens Qualifying

USA Andrew Newell 1:46.91

USA/Toko Torin Koos 1:48.70

USA/Toko Chris Cook 1:49.15

SWISS Tino Mettler 1:50.00

SWISS Urs Graf 1:50.64

USA Dave Chamberlain 1:52.60

USA Leif Zimmerman 1:56.40

CAN Mike Argue 1:59.00

Semifinal 1

USA Andrew Newell

USA/Toko Chris Cook

SWISS Urs Graf

Semifinal 2

USA/Toko Torin Koos

USA Dave Chamberlain

SWISS Tino Mettler

Quarterfinal 1

USA Andrew Newell

SWISS Urs Graf

Quarterfinal 2

USA/Toko Chris Cook

USA Leif Zimmerman

Quarterfinal 3

SWISS Tino Mettler

UK Simon Gerard

Quarterfinal 4

USA/Toko Torin Koos

USA Dave Chamberlain

=====
Rob Bradlee
Java, C++, Perl, XML, OOAD, Linux, and Unix Training

Old August 26th 03, 04:58 AM
sknyski

I don't understand why Toko was even mentioned. Who gives a **** what
wax or poles or anything these people use? How retarded.

bt

I stand corrected - I just checked my result from last year's Keski
classic:

21 2:37:18.0 SKNYSKI Cupertino USA/SWIX/CHEERIOS/OLD
SPICE/TROJANS/MARLBORO
Old August 26th 03, 12:14 PM
Rob Bradlee

Just wanted to make sure that Toko didn't get away
with claiming other
people's athletes, hopefully Rob will make sure of
his claims next
time before he posts them...or maybe we could just
post the results of
the race without the commercial attached to it!

Sorry for all the sponsorship confusion. I just cut
and pasted from the Toko press release. I wasn't
posting to make any points for Toko, but actually to
point out how well Americans were skiing in their
summer training. Next time I'll cut and paste from
the U.S.Team website.

But thanks for telling everyone that Toko is in the
pole business now! (They bought Yoko).

Rob Bradlee

=====

Old August 26th 03, 12:24 PM
Rob Bradlee

--- sknyski wrote:
I don't understand why Toko was even mentioned. Who
gives a **** what
wax or poles or anything these people use? How
retarded.

Shush. If manufacturers think skiers don't care about
what gear elite athletes use then they will stop
giving gear to elite athletes and the athletes will be
even worse off financially. So don't let the secret
out.

Rob Bradlee

=====