Salmon Hills - Where to eat?

Old February 24th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Rich

Default Salmon Hills - Where to eat?

We're heading up to Salmon Hills (NY) for a couple of days, and having
never been there, wondered if anybody could recommend any good restaurants
for dinner within a reasonable distance of the center. Thanks for any
tips.

Rich in Schenectady
Old February 27th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Feb 24, 2:48 pm, Rich wrote:
We're heading up to Salmon Hills (NY) for a couple of days, and having
never been there, wondered if anybody could recommend any good restaurants
for dinner within a reasonable distance of the center. Thanks for any
tips.

Rich in Schenectady

If you drive into Redfield, there's an old snowmobiler bar that served
a decent steak and salad bar. I was there a few years ago on a
Saturday night. It won't be in the Michelin guide, but the food was
filling and inexpensive.

In the opposite direction, in Port Ontario at the intersection of Rte
13 and NYS 3, the Golden Fish is actually pretty good, but when we
were at Salmon Hills, it wasn't open for the winter weekend.

Mexico isn't that far, either, and there are some restaurants there.

Have fun skiing. The fresh snow should be fun this weekend.

Tom
Old February 27th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

I asked a friend this question a few years ago and he gave me some
second hand info suggesting driving to Syracuse (!) or the following:

"In Sackett's Harbor a few miles west of Watertown: It's a really cool
Lake Ontario village. Tin Pan Galley is a fun little restaurant, or
Goodfellas.""
Old February 28th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jerry M. Wright

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:16:55 -0500, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

I asked a friend this question a few years ago and he gave me some
second hand info suggesting driving to Syracuse (!) or the following:

"In Sackett's Harbor a few miles west of Watertown: It's a really cool
Lake Ontario village. Tin Pan Galley is a fun little restaurant, or
Goodfellas.""

I second the drive to Tin Pan Galley. the food is excellent and
creative. At least it was the last few winters I've been there
(didn't make it this year).

Old February 29th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
somebody

Jerry M. Wright wrote in
:

wrote:

I asked a friend this question a few years ago and he gave me some
second hand info suggesting driving to Syracuse (!) or the following:

"In Sackett's Harbor a few miles west of Watertown: It's a really cool
Lake Ontario village. Tin Pan Galley is a fun little restaurant, or
Goodfellas.""

I second the drive to Tin Pan Galley. the food is excellent and
creative. At least it was the last few winters I've been there
(didn't make it this year).

Thanks everybody. We wound up driving to Pulaski, and ate at DiStefano's
Pizza and Pasta, on NY13 just south of the jct with NY11. Casual, large
portions, cheap, and a fairly good selection of Italian dishes. Then we
bailed early before the dreaded big storm that wasn't.

Rich in Schenectady

Salmon Hills Bingham Nordic Skiing 0 July 15th 04 07:34 PM
Salmon Hills Mitch Collinsworth Nordic Skiing 6 February 3rd 04 01:54 PM
Salmon Hills Reopening Joe Galloway Nordic Skiing 1 January 9th 04 07:32 PM
Any new news on Salmon Hills? Steve Nordic Skiing 2 December 15th 03 07:21 PM
salmon hills? revyakin Nordic Skiing 2 September 5th 03 02:24 AM