Hotels reached by skis or telecabine alone

Old February 13th 04, 09:26 PM
funkraum

Default Hotels reached by skis or telecabine alone

Hotels which must be reached by skis or Seilbahn:

The only one I can remember and place is Montenvers above Chamonix.

There are others I can remember but I cannot place them. Can anyone
else remember where these are ?

Old February 14th 04, 05:17 AM
Simon Brown

Crap Sogn Gion, Laax
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 14th 04, 07:48 AM
Ian Spare

funkraum wrote:
Hotels which must be reached by skis or Seilbahn:

The only one I can remember and place is Montenvers above Chamonix.

There are others I can remember but I cannot place them. Can anyone
else remember where these are ?

http://www.pbase.com/image/1250255 which is Hotel Körbersee near
Schröcken in the Brengenzerwald, more details at
http://www.koerbersee.at/anrei.htm

When I was last there we were snowed in, bad weather shut the lifts. To
get there the owner came to the Hochtannbergpass on a snow mobile and
gave me a ride in. Excellent, but the room I had was fairly basic.

There's also Hotel Grawand at Val Senales, which has the added
distinction of being the only hotel website I've ever seen available in
Magyar.
Old February 14th 04, 11:56 AM
funkraum

funkraum wrote:

Hotels which must be reached by skis or Seilbahn:

The only one I can remember and place is Montenvers above Chamonix.

There are others I can remember but I cannot place them. Can anyone
else remember where these are ?

I just remembered Kl. Scheidegg above Gridelwald/Wengen. Telecabine or
railway only.

Old February 15th 04, 02:01 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

I missed the original post, but if you're looking for a hotel which can
only be got to by cable car, try Klewenalp in central Switzerland.

In the same smallish ski area is Stockhuette, which you can get to by
gondola only (or ski over from Klewenalp). There is accommodation there
including self-catering I believe.

See www.klewenalp.ch

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old February 15th 04, 03:05 PM
Steve Haigh

funkraum wrote:

Hotels which must be reached by skis or Seilbahn:

The only one I can remember and place is Montenvers above Chamonix.

There are others I can remember but I cannot place them. Can anyone
else remember where these are ?

Montenvers is accessed by train, so if this is a criteria then any hotel
in Wengen, Meurren or Zermatt must also qualify:-)
Old February 23rd 04, 01:22 PM
Stan Mullery

Hotel Viking, Morzine, France.

Old February 23rd 04, 02:40 PM
Ace

wrote:

funkraum wrote:

Hotels which must be reached by skis or Seilbahn:

The only one I can remember and place is Montenvers above Chamonix.

There are others I can remember but I cannot place them. Can anyone
else remember where these are ?

Montenvers is accessed by train, so if this is a criteria then any hotel
in Wengen, Meurren or Zermatt must also qualify:-)

Hotel Viking, Morzine, France.

Oooh, my wife worked a season there a few years back (before I knew
her).

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)