EasyJet Prices

Old December 5th 05, 01:55 PM

Default EasyJet Prices

Had a shock this weekend. EasyJet prices from Nottingham to Geneva at
Easter are more than double what they were last year. £1000 for a family
of four Sat-Sat. I looked into hotels in Geneva for Friday night, but all
are booked up, so I guess a lot of people had the same problem.

Supply and demand I guess, but I wish I'd booked a scheduled flight with
BA from Manchester or Birmingham before they sold out. Could've saved £300
and got in-flight food :-(

JF

Old December 5th 05, 02:23 PM

jf wrote:
Had a shock this weekend. EasyJet prices from Nottingham to Geneva at
Easter are more than double what they were last year. £1000 for a family
of four Sat-Sat. I looked into hotels in Geneva for Friday night, but all
are booked up, so I guess a lot of people had the same problem.

Supply and demand I guess, but I wish I'd booked a scheduled flight with
BA from Manchester or Birmingham before they sold out. Could've saved £300
and got in-flight food :-(

Did you get the email notification ? I happened to notice that the
April flights to Geneva became available on Saturday, but judging by the
price they'd already been up for a day or 2. Managed to get 2 cheap, but
peed off that I missed the real bargains and some choice

Old December 5th 05, 04:35 PM

jf wrote:
Had a shock this weekend. EasyJet prices from Nottingham to Geneva at
Easter are more than double what they were last year. £1000 for a
family of four Sat-Sat. I looked into hotels in Geneva for Friday
night, but all are booked up, so I guess a lot of people had the same
problem.

Supply and demand I guess, but I wish I'd booked a scheduled flight
with BA from Manchester or Birmingham before they sold out. Could've
saved £300 and got in-flight food :-(

They've been out for a couple of weeks now, I booked on 22nd Nov for the
week after Easter after spotting a post on another forum.

James...

Old December 5th 05, 04:38 PM

jf wrote:

Supply and demand I guess, but I wish I'd booked a scheduled flight with
BA from Manchester or Birmingham before they sold out. Could've saved £300
and got in-flight food :-(

BA flights to Toulouse for half-term went up in price fast. We're flying
to Barcelona instead, for the Pyrenees. No wories. Oh, and two of them
came off Air Miles, so free anyway :-)

--
Trophy 1200 750SS XS650x2 CB400F CB125S DT50MX
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3
Old December 5th 05, 05:04 PM

jf wrote:
Had a shock this weekend. EasyJet prices from Nottingham to Geneva at
Easter are more than double what they were last year. £1000 for a family
of four Sat-Sat. I looked into hotels in Geneva for Friday night, but all
are booked up, so I guess a lot of people had the same problem.

Supply and demand I guess, but I wish I'd booked a scheduled flight with
BA from Manchester or Birmingham before they sold out. Could've saved £300
and got in-flight food :-(

JF

The problem with Easter this year is that it is so late that many
airlines, such as flythomson have stopped their flights to places like
Lyon by then. BA still fly to Lyon for about £175 flying out on the
16/4/6 and returning the following Saturday. I would not build up much
excitement over the in flight food however. It is only a sandwich these
days. If you must get to Genva airport then it is about 1 1/2 hours
drive from Lyon.
Old December 5th 05, 09:47 PM

Try Campanile at Ferney Voltaire in France (just beside Geneva Airport) they
have rooms.

You can also try Hotels in Annemasse in France, just over the border from
Geneva.

Easter in Geneva is not a peak time. You will find an hotel near the
airport, in town or just over the border in France.

. ..