Jenex Aero 125 update

Old September 2nd 03, 10:33 PM

Default Jenex Aero 125 update

On 8/31/03 20:50, Jeff Potter wrote:

I spoke to the Jenex lady and she said they're getting in some thicker
inner tubes shortly.

Looks like they're not going to cover getting me a set of splitrim
wheels under warranty unless I send in all my old wheels to check for
pinchflats. I want to get training again so I think I'll just buy a set
of splits from Dick and be done with it. Even if they still flat they'll
be easy to repair. I'll do what Doug does and bring along a spare wheel
in a fanny pack. Sheesh. What a pain.

Anyway, it looks as if they're realizing that the 125's are really not
good for anyone in the 200 lb range. There is a weight limit for them
fundamentally. This seems based on an informal poll they're doing. I
guess it's a common element in those having problems. Skiers weighing
about 150 are having no probs at all. I'm at 180 or so (185!) and the
lady said I was on the border. So maybe they'll start making a skier
weight recommendation as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they start
more strongly steering 125's away from use on dirt. She didn't
discourage it outright but I sensed that offroad use wasn't panning out
so well.

Jeff,
My daughter has been using the 125 Aeros with the white-paint tires. She
got a flat EVERY time she skied on them. She weighs only 105 pounds; I
don't think your weight is the issue. When our local shop got sick of
seeing us come in for tire replacements, they took off all the old tires and
put on split-rims. No more flats! We use a regular floor type bike pump.
Like you said before, tire pressure shouldn't have to be that exact. If you
can get the split-rims, I think you may be happier with your Aeros. Good
luck!

-aa

Old September 3rd 03, 01:19 PM
Jeff Potter

Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, I'm thinking of springing the extra $50 for
a set of splits.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old September 3rd 03, 04:04 PM
PDoyle

Dear Jeff: Try BikeNashbar for a shock pump. I travel between PA and NY and
was afraid of bending/breaking the pump if I traveled a lot with it. I had
picked up the Jenex version when I bought my Aero 150's. I thought that
their price was high. It is. A shock pump from a bike supply is virtually
identical (except for labels) and costs $20. The small difference is that
that valve housing rotates; a drop of epoxy fixes that. I have been using it
all summer and it works perfectly; it correlates exactly with the Jenex
version as far as pressures are concerned