Skiing NewZealand

Old August 9th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

Default Skiing NewZealand

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find objective information on the Skiing opportunities
in New Zealand.
Some of my questions include:

How long is the season?
What skiing area has the longest season?
What skiing area is known for it's advanced skiing?
How much to do pay for lift tickets?
Is there opportunity to park a camping van near the skiing area?

I'm from Vancouver Island and can answer questions about skiing on the
Island and at Vancouver area ski areas including Whistler.

Thanks very much,

Mark

Old August 14th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Mike

Season is like your normal north hemisphere. Christchurch is the same
latitude as Mt Snow/Stratton in VT; which I think is like Portland, OR on
the left coast. Google "boots" on this news group for further info.

Prices were reasonable. The exchange rate was killer (good) for Americans
last summer. Don't know now.

I don't know of RV hookups, because I was not looking. But there sure are
Parks.

Was considering going to see the 'white circus' when it pulls into Vancouver
Feb 22-24. This was of course before my 'financial rearrangements'. Where
exactly are the races being held?

----
Welsh saying:
Ni ddawr croesan ei gabl