Boots

Old March 30th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default Boots

Yeah I'm still riding my old Northwaves.. 5 1/2 seaons and
around 250-300 days. Last year I got a couple of recs
for Burton Driver-X and Vans/32 BOA style boots. Its sale
time of the year now so I'm ready to look but I'm a little
concerned with some comments I've read about the Driver-X
being poorly made. With the ever increasing season pass I
really don't want to be dumping dough on boots again in
two seasons so seeking comments on how well any of those
boots have held up for you. Hopefully you have around
100 days on them.

Cheers

Mike
Old March 31st 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Stuart Chan

On 30/03/08 5:01 PM, in article
, "Mike M. Miskulin"
wrote:

Yeah I'm still riding my old Northwaves.. 5 1/2 seaons and
around 250-300 days. Last year I got a couple of recs
for Burton Driver-X and Vans/32 BOA style boots. Its sale
time of the year now so I'm ready to look but I'm a little
concerned with some comments I've read about the Driver-X
being poorly made. With the ever increasing season pass I
really don't want to be dumping dough on boots again in
two seasons so seeking comments on how well any of those
boots have held up for you. Hopefully you have around
100 days on them.

Cheers

Mike

Not a big fan of BOA because I can't customize tightness on the boot (I like
it tighter around the calf and looser in the foot). I love my 32's (TM-1)
from 3 years ago and they're still riding strong.

--
Stu

Old April 9th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

On Apr 7, 8:12*am, Christopher Cox
wrote:
Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
Yeah I'm still riding my old Northwaves.. 5 1/2 seaons and
around 250-300 days. *Last year I got a couple of recs
for Burton Driver-X and Vans/32 BOA style boots. *Its sale
time of the year now so I'm ready to look but I'm a little
concerned with some comments I've read about the Driver-X
being poorly made. *With the ever increasing season pass I
really don't want to be dumping dough on boots again in
two seasons so seeking comments on how well any of those
boots have held up for you. *Hopefully you have around
100 days on them.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am riding my old Malamutes for over five seasons as well. These are
the black fiber ones with red details/highlights.

I had to pick up some new Malamutes for my son at Nationals as his
Malamutes fatigued and packed out causing arch support pain during the
competition. These are/where the black leather like ones, and where a
little over two (2) seasons old.

I was warned away from Thirty-Two's from fellow competitor. He stated
that while they where stiff and light, he had two pairs in for repair.

I am going to look for some New/Old stock Malamutes.

Chris

I've had the Van Contra, which is BOA for 4 years now. I ride about
12-15 days a season and they are still in excellent shape, original
cables, etc. Extremely happy with them.
Old April 18th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Stuart Chan wrote in
:

Not a big fan of BOA because I can't customize tightness on the boot (I
like it tighter around the calf and looser in the foot). I love my 32's
(TM-1) from 3 years ago and they're still riding strong.

yes that's basically the way I like them too.. I could almost get
away with just replacing the liners but even the outer shells have
gotten a little more flexy than I like.

Sorry the delay in response.. I had to reload articles for soem reason
it kept saying nothing new.

mike