DONEK wide/sasquatch

Old November 27th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default DONEK wide/sasquatch

hi there, i amjust writing to ask anyone who has one of these boards
what size feet they have.

i am a uk12, perhaps as short as 11.5, and want a donek....

the wide or the sasquatch, that is my question

regards

Old November 28th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike T

hi there, i amjust writing to ask anyone who has one of these boards
what size feet they have.

i am a uk12, perhaps as short as 11.5, and want a donek....

the wide or the sasquatch, that is my question

If a UK 12 is a US 13, I'd go with a Sasquatch. I ride a Wide (when I'm in
soft boots) and have US8 / 26.0 Mondo boots.

Mike T

Old November 28th 06, 11:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:48:59 GMT, allegedly wrote:

i am a uk12, perhaps as short as 11.5, and want a donek....

the wide or the sasquatch, that is my question

What is your standard? Are you doing any carving, or riding steep slopes
with not much powder.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/
Old November 29th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

well, as i exist in the world of boarding holidays and no serious
season craziness, the answer depends on where i go and who i travel
with, but more generally:

i am carving a little , and prefer not to ride the hideously steep
slopes. so the powder is prefered..

incase anyone knows, my other thought is the phoenix, has anyone ridden
one and how flexible are they?

tanks

Old January 2nd 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Matt

On Nov 29 2006, 12:22 pm, "lonerider" wrote:
wrote:
i am carving a little , and prefer not to ride the hideously steep
slopes. so the powder is prefered..

incase anyone knows, my other thought is the phoenix, has anyone ridden
one and how flexible are they?The Phoenix is much softer than the Wide/Sasquatch. I would rate it at

like 5 where as for a freeride board the Wide/Sasquatches are like a
9-10 (I've ridden the Phoenix 155 and the Incline 155). The Phoenix
rides short (I think I would have been happier with the 160).

The phoenix is a good board. The 163w is probably big enough for you,
but it is definitely softer than
the wide of sasquatch. I don't like it as much for bombing runs, but as
far a a board that I feel like
you can make it do what you want when you while still having good float
in powder and a fairly stable
ride at a speed the phoenix is great. Those other boards are beasts.
Great boards but if you haven't
ridden a really stiff board it is a different experience.

--Matt