Wreckin'bridge spam?

Old August 15th 03, 09:32 PM
bdubya

Default Wreckin'bridge spam?

Anybody else get spam today from somebody with a house for rent in
Breck? They're "looking for people that want to enjoy the Rockies"
I'm wondering if they got my address here.

bw
Old August 15th 03, 09:49 PM
AstroPax

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:32:01 -0500, bdubya
wrote:

Anybody else get spam today from somebody with a house for rent in
Breck? They're "looking for people that want to enjoy the Rockies"
I'm wondering if they got my address here.

Yes, I received it also. The return address is:

-Astro
Old August 15th 03, 11:10 PM
The Real Bev

bdubya wrote:

wrote:

Anybody else get spam today from somebody with a house for rent in
Breck? They're "looking for people that want to enjoy the Rockies"
I'm wondering if they got my address here.

I got it too, along with the Nigerian business opportunities and medical
miracles.

Yes, I received it also. The return address is:

They also put the address of the house up on their site. I'm going to
resist the temptation, though; they look like nice people, just
without a clue....

Then you're elected to send them email telling them that they chose a
particularly counterproductive advertising method, in that nobody who
received it would dream of renting from them.

Hmmm. Just adding a cc header to this ought to do the trick...

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old August 15th 03, 11:54 PM
bdubya

wrote:

Anybody else get spam today from somebody with a house for rent in
Breck? They're "looking for people that want to enjoy the Rockies"
I'm wondering if they got my address here.

I got it too, along with the Nigerian business opportunities and medical
miracles.

Yes, I received it also. The return address is:

They also put the address of the house up on their site. I'm going to
resist the temptation, though; they look like nice people, just
without a clue....

Then you're elected to send them email telling them that they chose a
particularly counterproductive advertising method, in that nobody who
received it would dream of renting from them.

Hmmm. Just adding a cc header to this ought to do the trick...

I already sent it. I'm such a bleeding heart, I even phrased it
politely.

bw
Old August 16th 03, 12:08 AM
scottabe

in article , The Real Bev at

wrote:

Anybody else get spam today from somebody with a house for rent in
Breck? They're "looking for people that want to enjoy the Rockies"
I'm wondering if they got my address here.

I got it too, along with the Nigerian business opportunities and medical
miracles.

Yes, I received it also. The return address is:

They also put the address of the house up on their site. I'm going to
resist the temptation, though; they look like nice people, just
without a clue....

Then you're elected to send them email telling them that they chose a
particularly counterproductive advertising method, in that nobody who
received it would dream of renting from them.

Hmmm. Just adding a cc header to this ought to do the trick...

I already sent it. I'm such a bleeding heart, I even phrased it
politely.

Hey, I thought I was pretty damn polite too! You should hear what I say
to telemarketers, especially the ones who get me out of the bathroom.

I never cease to be amazed.
When people threaten my life, when they tell horrible defamatory lies, when
they stalk me on the net and on real life, these sick assholes never have a
word to say.
But when somebody spams them, they bitch about etiquette.
Hey, assholes?
Why is spam so bad and falsely accusing me of molesting children not an
issue?

Old August 16th 03, 04:44 AM
The Real Bev

bdubya wrote:

wrote:

Hey, I thought I was pretty damn polite too! You should hear what I say
to telemarketers, especially the ones who get me out of the bathroom.

Indeed you were, every bit as polite as me. And I'm probably happier
not knowing what you say to telemarketeers.. But getting out of the
bathroom just to answer the phone? That's TOO polite. I just let it
go to voicemail; I refuse to give the telephone that much power in my
life.

I know people who can just let the phone ring while they're in the room,
but I don't understand how they can do it. I seem to remember always
having to answer the phone, even when I have an answering machine. I was
perfectly happy letting voicemail take over at work, but home is
different. Maybe I'd change if I got more than a few telemarketers/day.
OTOH, yelling at them is free therapy.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old August 16th 03, 08:42 PM
Alex Heney

wrote:

Anybody else get spam today from somebody with a house for rent in
Breck? They're "looking for people that want to enjoy the Rockies"
I'm wondering if they got my address here.

Probably.

I had one too. (And just how likely am I to want to buy a house in
Breckenridge when I have a uk email address?)

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Useless Invention: Flame-retardant gasoline.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old August 17th 03, 03:28 AM
The Real Bev

wrote:

Anybody else get spam today from somebody with a house for rent in
Breck? They're "looking for people that want to enjoy the Rockies"
I'm wondering if they got my address here.

Probably.

I had one too. (And just how likely am I to want to buy a house in
Breckenridge when I have a uk email address?)

Holiday pied a terre?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old August 18th 03, 04:15 PM
Walt

Chester Bullock wrote:

That's what Caller ID is for. If it is unknown are a number we don't
recognize, it goes to voicemail.

Oh wait, you still use Netscape 4...

Oh Yeah? Wanna make something of it? (c:

NS 7 which has no kill files. How is that an improvement?

Newer != Better. Just ask Lal.

--
//-Walt
//
Old August 18th 03, 06:00 PM
Chester Bullock

Walt wrote in
:

Chester Bullock wrote:

That's what Caller ID is for. If it is unknown are a number we don't
recognize, it goes to voicemail.

Oh wait, you still use Netscape 4...

Oh Yeah? Wanna make something of it? (c:

NS 7 which has no kill files. How is that an improvement?

Newer != Better. Just ask Lal.

I still use separate programs for browsing the web, email and newsgroups.
Then I can have the best of each world (or the best for me rather).

I do suppose though that NS4 users don't care so much if the web looks
good or not, they are there for the information...

--
Chester Bullock,
Tenxible Solutions - Tangible, Flexible

aging stats DF Nordic Skiing 9 November 6th 03 12:40 AM
many virus - spam - file attachments (was aging stats) Kenneth Salzberg Nordic Skiing 0 October 31st 03 12:47 PM
Spam about St. Pitursburg Matt Morency Nordic Skiing 1 July 23rd 03 07:22 AM
OYB now a record label! (Vicious spam alert!)(Cross Posting Advisory) Edward Dike, III Nordic Skiing 0 July 11th 03 11:48 AM