Ramen Noodles

Old July 15th 03, 04:32 PM
lal_truckee

Default Ramen Noodles

Mike Speegle wrote:

Well, your diatribe indicated you wanted to go after those with
rightish opinions.

Actually it sounds like a Rush/Savage paraphrase ...

Meanwhile, back at the skiranch:
Visited my brother in S Oregon over the WE. Spent lots of time on his
deck looking through binoculars at a tiny patch of snow about 30 miles
away, cupped in under a north facing ridge. Almost grabbed the boards
and started walking; except I didn't bring the boards, and there was
still beer in the fridge ...

Old July 15th 03, 04:35 PM
Mike Speegle

In news:lal_truckee typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

Well, your diatribe indicated you wanted to go after those with
rightish opinions.

Actually it sounds like a Rush/Savage paraphrase ...

Actually, calling for "shooting" the opposition sounds a lot more
like anarchy than Americanism. I've never heard the right (Rush
included) call for shooting the other side. YMMV
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,

Old July 15th 03, 05:18 PM
Mary Malmros

"Mike Speegle" writes:

In news:lal_truckee typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

Well, your diatribe indicated you wanted to go after those with
rightish opinions.

Actually it sounds like a Rush/Savage paraphrase ...

Actually, calling for "shooting" the opposition sounds a lot more
like anarchy than Americanism. I've never heard the right (Rush
included) call for shooting the other side. YMMV

No? How about Ann Coulter?

Watch out for them suspicious-looking swarthy males, y'hear? And if
they get cheeky with ya, just shoot 'em.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros
Old July 15th 03, 05:56 PM
pigo

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
"Mike Speegle" writes:

In news:lal_truckee typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

Well, your diatribe indicated you wanted to go after those

with
rightish opinions.

Actually it sounds like a Rush/Savage paraphrase ...

Actually, calling for "shooting" the opposition sounds a lot

more
like anarchy than Americanism. I've never heard the right (Rush
included) call for shooting the other side. YMMV

No? How about Ann Coulter?

I've never heard her advocate violence against innocent people with a
different point of view. Have you?

Old July 15th 03, 07:56 PM
Mike Speegle

In news:Kurt Knisely typed:

Actually, calling for "shooting" the opposition sounds a lot more
like anarchy than Americanism. I've never heard the right (Rush
included) call for shooting the other side. YMMV

Those motorheads in the "Sahara Club" thread last week pretty much
said that. It brought me into the fray. As Doc Sarvis said "anarchy
is not the answer".

That thread was *too* cross-posted and had too many loonies. I
started ignoring pretty quickly and am still ignoring it. Threads
cross-posted to more than about 3 groups are trolls looking for trouble.
YMMV

Old July 15th 03, 08:02 PM
Mike Speegle

In newsigo typed:
"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
"Mike Speegle" writes:

In news:lal_truckee typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

Well, your diatribe indicated you wanted to go after
those with rightish opinions.

Actually it sounds like a Rush/Savage paraphrase ...

Actually, calling for "shooting" the opposition sounds a lot
more like anarchy than Americanism. I've never heard the right
(Rush included) call for shooting the other side. YMMV

No? How about Ann Coulter?

I've never heard her advocate violence against innocent people with a
different point of view. Have you?

I certainly haven't. When she has appeared on Bill Mahre's show on
HBO, she stays cool and composed and the lefties talking *at* her appear
like raving lunatics and screaming at her. I know that she's
conservative but I have not read her nor do I care. I just find it
*very* interesting when left and right get in a panel discussion which
side usually ends up frothing at the mouth and screaming and appearing
non-sensical and emotional. (Hint: it ain't the rightist folks.) Don't
lefties actually see themselves and how they *appear* publicly. It's
downright embarrassing. BTW, I'm a registered Democrat in a Republican
state. Kinda harkens back to my rebellious child of the 60's roots.
Going against the majority and all that rot. ;-)

Old July 15th 03, 09:15 PM
Crashj

Jay Pique wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:39:57 -0500, bdubya
wrote:

On 15 Jul 2003 01:51:35 GMT, Terd
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:26:45 -0500, bdubya
wrote this crap:

Sitting out the Mac again, huh?

I've never done the Mac.

Wuss.

Explain please. Bedankt.

JP

Its a boat thing. Horvie is a boat thing. He should be cruising, not posting.

Crashj 'sowhatsupwiththateh?' Johnson

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/6296641.htm
Old July 15th 03, 09:24 PM
pigo

"Mike Speegle" wrote in message
In newsigo typed:
"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
"Mike Speegle" writes:

In news:lal_truckee typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

[...]

It's funny. She is usually reduced to laughing at them.

Don't
lefties actually see themselves and how they *appear* publicly. It's
downright embarrassing. BTW, I'm a registered Democrat in a

Republican
state. Kinda harkens back to my rebellious child of the 60's roots.
Going against the majority and all that rot. ;-)

Aren't you in CO? That's a demo. state I thought.

Old July 15th 03, 09:55 PM
Mike Speegle

In newsigo typed:
"Mike Speegle" wrote in message
In newsigo typed:
"Mary Malmros" wrote in message

Old July 15th 03, 10:44 PM
Mike Speegle

In news:Mike Speegle typed:
In newsigo typed:
"Mike Speegle" wrote in message

Don't
lefties actually see themselves and how they *appear* publicly.
It's downright embarrassing. BTW, I'm a registered Democrat in a
Republican state. Kinda harkens back to my rebellious child of
the 60's roots. Going against the majority and all that rot. ;-)

Aren't you in CO? That's a demo. state I thought.

Hardly. 2 Republican senators and 5 of 7 Republican reps. Denver
and Boulder are Democratic, usually. But the entire rest of the state
is Republican, and strongly.

In looking back (via the 2003 World Almanac) since '52 Colorado has
majority voted for the Democrat candidate only once in '64 barely over
Goldwater. Every other presidential election Colorado votes Republican.