OEB is back again!

Old January 20th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

Default OEB is back again!

This season has been comparatively bad for Ole Einar, I mean he has only
won 3 or 4 world cup races (plus anchoring in 3 relay wins), he's only
leading the overall and mass start categories in the world cup, and his
shooting has been somewhat wobbly. :-(

On friday he was on schedule for another Sprint race win, the category
where he has the most wins afaik, but a possibly bad wax job (???) cost
him 8 seconds on the last (easy) km, and that's very unusual.

Yesterday's pursuit was bad, with 7 (?) missed shots.

Today we got to see the great Ole Einar again, just like we've been used
to from previous years:

Mass start, in the leading group into the first shoot, then one missed
target, so he left the stadium about 18-19 seconds behind.

On the second lap he must have hit the afterburner, clawing his way back
into the leader group, then after 5 fast hits he was in the lead for good:

From then on he was alone in the lead, and those that tried to keep up
with his skiing speed (Maximum Tschoudov sp?) started missing targets,
so the final lap became a leisurely "victory lap" instead of a fight to
the finish.

The Swede, Bjørn Ferry, had a very nice weekend, winning the pursuit
yesterday, and outskiing the rest of the followers today for a nice 2nd
place.

Terje
--
-
Old January 23rd 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shane

On Jan 20, 12:57*pm, Terje Mathisen
wrote:
This season has been comparatively bad for Ole Einar, I mean he has...

Is seems like Ole's skiing improves/maintains with age, but his
shooting gets worse, may be time to see an eye doctor...
Old January 25th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

wrote:
This season has been comparatively bad for Ole Einar, I mean he has...

Is seems like Ole's skiing improves/maintains with age, but his
shooting gets worse, may be time to see an eye doctor...

He switched his shooting style to use a strap this year, and the NRK
commentator seems certain that's the problem.

I think it is like a golf pro deciding that her swing need to be
changed: You get a wobbly season, but then hopefully stabilize on a
higher level afterwards.

Terje

--
-
Old January 25th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
kddonath

He switched his shooting style to use a strap this year, and the NRK
commentator seems certain that's the problem.

It's odd that I never see anyone use the cuff in standing, in WC,
North American events, club level biathlon races. Wonder if we'll see
him bag is next year or more people use it

back on the snow jw Snowboarding 30 November 6th 07 03:22 AM
Back from the 3V Pip Luscher European Ski Resorts 3 February 12th 07 08:50 AM
Back ... lal_truckee Alpine Skiing (moderated) 7 September 11th 06 12:50 PM
I'm back :) Lisa Horton Alpine Skiing 12 September 13th 05 06:55 AM
Back lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 3 April 14th 05 09:11 PM