Ideas on where to ski next Feb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 23rd 05, 07:53 PM
Steve Olive

Default Ideas on where to ski next Feb

Hi all.

I wonder if I could pick the brains of you experienced skiiers and get a
resort recommendation or two.
Wife, child (12), and me have skied 6 times before, and the only times in
Europe were twice to Courcheval 1850 which we enjoyed. (Not surprising
really)

This time we'd like to try somewhere else in Europe, France is still fine of
course.

Here's what we liked about 1850, and therefore what we are looking for in
another resort.

1/ Plenty of snow in mid feb, and lots of beginner/intermediate terrain
2/ Excellent lifts, with manageable queues
3/ A small town, with shops to browse and plenty of eateries
4/ No more than 2.5 hours transfer
5/ Not too rowdy/brits on ****. Skied over to Meribel once, and really hated
the full English Breakfast nonsense etc..

That's all really.
We're looking at 7 days in half-term week (11th-18th Feb) so we know it will
be a busy(ish) time.
Budget is around £700 each for flights/transfers and accomodation, which
rules out a few places of course.

We'd happily rent a private apartment and book our own flights/car so
suggestions there would be good if anyone is in that market.

Thanks very much.
Steve