Trunk Excersises Needed

Old February 8th 05, 05:41 AM
ant

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

(www.skins.com.au) and stiffness, but it's crazy to try and go all-out at
first.

I think I saw an ad for these skins, or some similar product, in Ski
magazine.
Or maybe it was just part of an article. I wonder if they accept orders
from
the US.

yes, the US site (www.skinsusa.com) mirrors straight to the Australian site.
Tehy wre developed in Australia with help from Penn State University in the
US, but oddly, it all seems to be coming from the Australian end. Our
footballers wear them for training so less recovery period needed, ditto teh
cricketers. You also wear them on long haul plane flights to deal with deep
vein thrombosis.

ah ha, I just checked, the US site is now working. It bears an eerie
resemblance to the Australian one, but they have stuck a US flag on it!!!!!
http://www.skinsusa.com/

Rather funny. The talking head is our cricket captain.

Do they work essentially as a long john bottom, or are they much warmer?
How
does that work? I usually wear synthetic or silk LJ bottoms, cycling
stretch
pants (not compression, just a form-fitted layer), and then a goretex
shell.

They are not all that thermal, although I found them very hot on the plane.
They aren't meant to be thermal.
They compress the legs cutting down the release of lactic acid. The effect
is amazing, I would be very unhappy to commence skiing after a few months'
break now without them, as I'd be in stiffness and pain for over a week.
With my Skins, there's no noticeable ill effects at all.

ant

Old February 8th 05, 06:08 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-06, LePheaux penned:

Dohhh. MRI last wednesday. torn ACL. not bad enough to operate on at this
point.

Doh, indeed. So it's PT for you?

--
monique
Longmont, CO

City of Lakes Loppet - Honest opinion needed [email protected] Nordic Skiing 5 March 1st 05 12:48 AM
TB (Trunk Butt) is chicken Eviel Dewar Alpine Skiing 18 March 13th 04 12:07 AM
Chamonix info needed Greg Hilton European Ski Resorts 3 January 22nd 04 05:52 PM
trunk butt Dick Gozinya Alpine Skiing 8 January 2nd 04 06:25 PM
Help needed on setting stance Jason Watkins Snowboarding 4 September 4th 03 11:53 AM