Guidelines To Follow When Buying Hybrid Cars

Old November 29th 07, 09:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_9_]

Default GW

We just had a general election, and the good guys finally got up. Bush's
little mate (Howard) is OUT. And Rudd, the new PM, reckons the first thing
he's going to do is ratify Kyoto. One reason why Labor got in, they were
serious about GW. Rudd is off to the Bali conference shortly, and that's
apparently where it's to happen.

Finally.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old November 29th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Guidelines To Follow When Buying Hybrid Cars

Bob F wrote:
"pigo" wrote in message news:c33411b4-6278-4027-995b-

Ever notice how the GW crowd is the last to make lifestyle changes
that they advocate for everyone else?

No, I never noticed that. In fact, I've noticed the exact opposite. I know
plenty of people adjusting their own lifestyle to deal with the problem.

My wife and I both walk or bike to work. (unless there's fresh snow and
then she uses XC gear for the commute) We own three boats, none of
which has a motor. Smallish house with a programmable thermostat set to
18 when we're home and 13 when we're not. blah blah blah.

No, I haven't taken a vow of energy poverty, and don't expect to. But
this "the GW crowd are all hypocrites" is a bunch of BS straight from
the Rush-Fox-Rove propaganda machine.

//Walt

Old November 29th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"pigo" wrote in message news:c33411b4-6278-4027-995b-

trailer hitch?
you do recognize that an electric motor has (much) better torque than
your piston motor, particularly when first starting up the ramp upon
haulout?

Well, that's true. All one has to do is look at a locomotive - the
actual traction motors are electric.

And do they make one for hauling trailers? The post was about hybrids.
My mistake for not including every other possibility in the world I
guess.

Ever notice how the GW crowd is the last to make lifestyle changes
that they advocate for everyone else?

No I haven't. I spend plenty of time in the outdoors and I notice evidence
of change every time I go outside. I've been shown no reason to believe its
caused by anything but our imprint on the environment. And I know lots of
people who are making adjustments. Lots. Don't judge the entire population
by one visible spokeperson who has a much bigger lifestyle to change than
most everybody else. He's done a lot to bring the problem to the public's
attention and if one or two of his details aren't 100% scientifically
accurate that doesn't change the gist of his message. We are destroying the
earth and we don't have years left to study it.

If you believe anything else you have your head planted solidly in the sand.

Old November 29th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

Default GW (was: Guidelines...)

On Nov 28, 12:09 pm, Clarencedarrow
wrote:

80-90's Ozone - it's going back to normal when the media claimed that it was
man made and we would all suffer radiation poisoning for decades.

I guess you don't remember all those laws that were passed to
eliminate CFC's back then? I'm sure that couldn't have possibly have
anything to do with the problem getting better.

It looks to me like there's a pretty good argument that CFC's were
causing the problem and restricting their use helped make thing better
but don't let the facts change your argument that man has nothing to
do with global warming.
Old November 29th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Nov 29, 8:17 am, "Norm" wrote:
[...]

If it was true why would he have to make stuff up?

GW is alot like religion. Especially mormonism. The rank and file that
have bought into the drivel are well meaning, "true
believers"...............of a myth made up for profit !!!!!!

The Gore fortune is largely made up of coal and oil money !!!!!! Al
Gore is just the new Joseph Smith.

Enjoy!
Old November 29th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

pigo wrote:

GW is alot like religion.

No, actually it's a lot like science. Strike that. It *is* science.

Which doesn't necessarily mean that it's correct, just that the
available evidence as interpreted through the scientific method
indicates that the earth is getting warmer, and that human activity is a
contributing factor. Perhaps further study and evidence gathering will
show that this theory is incorrect, but for now if you approach the
issue as a scientist the conclusion is inevitable.

Now the GW deniers OTOH, well *that's* like religion - steadfast belief
in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. How's it feel to
be a believer, Bob?

//Walt
Old November 29th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Nov 29, 10:04 am, Walt wrote:
pigo wrote:

GW is alot like religion.

No, actually it's a lot like science. Strike that. It *is* science.

Which doesn't necessarily mean that it's correct, just that the
available evidence as interpreted through the scientific method
indicates that the earth is getting warmer, and that human activity is a
contributing factor. Perhaps further study and evidence gathering will
show that this theory is incorrect, but for now if you approach the
issue as a scientist the conclusion is inevitable.

Now the GW deniers OTOH, well *that's* like religion - steadfast belief
in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. How's it feel to
be a believer, Bob?

//Walt

I don't deny it's getting warmer, just that it is human caused or that
it is subject to human alteration.

And I have personally done more than most to lessen human impact on
the earth. I don't deny that _people_ have an impact on the earth,
just not the warming part. And you'll notice that they have changed
the name to "climate change". They ran into trouble when they got
caught linking every weather occurance to GW. Too hot, too cold, to
wet, too dry, too windy, too dusty.............ALL from GW. If you
look at most average temps. you'll find that it is uncommon to hit
exactly THAT temp. It's usually a combination of above and below. But
you knew that.
Old November 29th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Armin

On Nov 29, 8:49 am, pigo wrote:

GW is alot like religion. Especially mormonism. The rank and file that
have bought into the drivel are well meaning, "true
believers"...............of a myth made up for profit !!!!!!

Yup, I know what you mean. Kind of like G.W Bush getting his rank and
file to buy into his Weapon of Mass Destruction in Iraq, eh?

Well, except for that fact that there is *scientific evidence* to
support Global Warming theory and there was never any evidence of
WMD.

How is that search for WMD going for you anyway, Bob? ;-)
Old November 29th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:04:10 -0500, Walt
wrote this crap:

pigo wrote:

GW is alot like religion.

No, actually it's a lot like science. Strike that. It *is* science.

Political Science.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old November 29th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:16:41 -0600, Kurt Knisely
wrote this crap:

Who's Al Gore? Never read any of his scientific papers.

You never read, "An Inconvient Truth"? He won an Emmy, an Oscar, and
the Nobel Prize for it. But then, Yassar Arafat also won a Nobel
Prize, and Horvath was Time's "Man of the Year."

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

This newsgroup guidelines, please. Europhile North American Ski Resorts 0 July 17th 05 12:11 AM
SLC Rental Cars trent Alpine Skiing 7 January 22nd 05 12:52 AM
Follow-up - French speed traps PG European Ski Resorts 27 March 8th 04 09:18 PM
Follow up to east coast skiing Greg Hilton Alpine Skiing 6 February 20th 04 11:56 PM
Follow up: V2 Aero 150 Frame failure BeeCharmer Nordic Skiing 12 December 6th 03 12:21 AM