Bjorgen Vs Scott tv coverage

Old March 18th 06, 11:17 PM

Default Bjorgen Vs Scott tv coverage

Even though the actual pursuit race 2x7.5km race is scheduled to start in 4
hours from now, 7pm west coast time, 10pm for you easterners, the
norwegian tv networks will show the tape delayed version at starting at 10pm
Pacific on NRK1 and switch to 4 hours of non-stop womens and mens races on
NRK2 at 11pm Pacific. Use the p2p software to see. I haven't seen anybody
connected to NRK1 the last 2 days but somebody is hooked into channel 2
right this moment.

I don't know why you guys on the other thread are talking about Marit vs
Beckie title being decided by this or that many seconds in a sprint? This
is a pursuit race where what will count is whoever finishes in what place to
get a certain number of WC points regardless of the margin. That's not to
say they won't be sprinting for the line at the end. This title might be
decided by whoever can stretch their toe the furthest.

Old March 19th 06, 12:01 AM

"shreddir" wrote in message
[...]

I can't even watch this in the US. This sucks. Hopefully someone puts out
a torrent soon afterwards.

Old March 19th 06, 03:34 AM

I'm no netgeek but maybe a proxy would get you around the US-web-bans.
It's easy to fake your browser into thinking it's in any other country.
Go to http://proxy4free.com and try a few. I got to watch some Oly
coverage that way even though NBC had it locked out and censored for
Americans (free speech to the highest bidder, baby! ---but not with the
netgeeks around!) --JP

Old March 19th 06, 06:11 AM

No, No, no! You do not need to do this wack proxy impostering to watch
tonight. Peer to Peer TV doesn't care where your IP address is from.
Besides proxying isn't any good unless you somehow luck out and find a
proxy who is a fast broadband connection otherwise whatever stream you try
to watch will look like crap. I consider 450kbps to be the mininum for a
decent picture. Evn if you have a fast proxy how are you suppose to find
that live TV link? Most of the european TV servers like ZDF Germany
require you to log on with a password. The only thing you can find without
subscription passwords is the short summary clips which are already old
news.

Go get the software player at the link Trygve imbedded on his 2/18 post
about the Eurosport Audio thread. You got less than hour to do this before
the race coverage begins.

ups.com...

Old March 19th 06, 07:24 AM

Sorry everybody, the channel 2 that is streaming on the p2p player is not
the NRK2 that is supposed to be showing the pursuit races right now, but is
instead some other domestic Norway channel showing kids Sun. morning
cartoons. Too bad who ever was streaming NRK1 wednesday night got
disconnected. If that's you, please log back onto the network. Oh well I
guess I'll go to bed on time tonight after I look at the FIS official stats
and results site. Borr...rring! Hope Janne recorded the Eurosport
broadcast.

Old March 19th 06, 02:56 PM

Jeff,
Don't fall to in love with these open proxies. These are the reason
that the internet is nearly useless. They are the root of SPAM, VIRUS
and SPYWARE distribution. If it wasn't for overseas open proxies
personal computing would be safer and more pleasant.
I agree it's pretty cool that they can get you to the races but they
not our friends.

Just thought I'd mention it....
/john

Old March 19th 06, 03:09 PM

On 19 Mar 2006 06:56:01 -0800, "jgs" wrote:

Jeff,
Don't fall to in love with these open proxies. These are the reason
that the internet is nearly useless. They are the root of SPAM, VIRUS
and SPYWARE distribution. If it wasn't for overseas open proxies
personal computing would be safer and more pleasant.
I agree it's pretty cool that they can get you to the races but they
not our friends.

Are you saying an open proxy for email (spam) is the same thing as a
proxy for getting a web page? I did not know that.

JFT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
Old March 20th 06, 12:36 PM

Yep,
Check out the addresses listed in the open proxy site. They are almost
all flagged as offenders. Check out the addresses here;
http://www.dnsstuff.com/ . I believe an open proxy is just an unsecured
server that SHOULD be secured.

dnsstuff is a great site to use to trouble shot all kinds of internet
stuff.

/john