Lost a friend in Park City yesterday :(

Old February 11th 05, 03:13 PM
MattB

Default Lost a friend in Park City yesterday :(

My buddy Dave died of a heart attack at Park City yesterday. So sad and
such a loss. Big surprise too. He was a frequent ski and mountain bike
buddy and as far as I could tell in great shape. This was him a few
weeks ago sharing a fun powder day with me and some friends at Monarch:
http://tinyurl.com/5tplt.
He told the guy he was skiing with he had to take a leak in the trees
and they'd meet up at the bottom. The other guy didn't see him at the
bottom of the run they were on and thought he'd try the base area. Dave
never showed.
I'm heading up to Monarch shortly to make some turns in his memory today.

Matt

Old February 11th 05, 06:23 PM
JQ

"MattB" wrote in message
My buddy Dave died of a heart attack at Park City yesterday. So sad and
such a loss. Big surprise too. He was a frequent ski and mountain bike
buddy and as far as I could tell in great shape. This was him a few
weeks ago sharing a fun powder day with me and some friends at Monarch:
http://tinyurl.com/5tplt.
He told the guy he was skiing with he had to take a leak in the trees
and they'd meet up at the bottom. The other guy didn't see him at the
bottom of the run they were on and thought he'd try the base area. Dave
never showed.
I'm heading up to Monarch shortly to make some turns in his memory today.

Matt

My heart felt sympathy goes out to you, his friends and family. The best I
can say he passed doing something he liked and enjoyed, that's the way to
go. I hope when my time comes that I am doing what I love and enjoy. I
know many here will do some turns in his memory too.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old February 11th 05, 06:45 PM
Black Metal Martha

MattB wrote:

(snipped)

I'm heading up to Monarch shortly to make some turns in his memory

today.

Matt

Damn...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Martha

Old February 12th 05, 01:10 AM
VtSkier

MattB wrote:
My buddy Dave died of a heart attack at Park City yesterday. So sad and
such a loss. Big surprise too. He was a frequent ski and mountain bike
buddy and as far as I could tell in great shape. This was him a few
weeks ago sharing a fun powder day with me and some friends at Monarch:
http://tinyurl.com/5tplt.
He told the guy he was skiing with he had to take a leak in the trees
and they'd meet up at the bottom. The other guy didn't see him at the
bottom of the run they were on and thought he'd try the base area. Dave
never showed.
I'm heading up to Monarch shortly to make some turns in his memory
today.

Matt

****, that's a bummer. I'm almost old enough to lose
friends on a regular basis, but I don't think it will
get any easier than it was when my best friend died
when we were nineteen.

Condolences.
VtSkier

Old February 12th 05, 01:14 AM
Richard Henry

"MattB" wrote in message
My buddy Dave died of a heart attack at Park City yesterday. So sad and
such a loss. Big surprise too. He was a frequent ski and mountain bike
buddy and as far as I could tell in great shape. This was him a few
weeks ago sharing a fun powder day with me and some friends at Monarch:
http://tinyurl.com/5tplt.
He told the guy he was skiing with he had to take a leak in the trees
and they'd meet up at the bottom. The other guy didn't see him at the
bottom of the run they were on and thought he'd try the base area. Dave
never showed.
I'm heading up to Monarch shortly to make some turns in his memory today.

Not trying to be cute, but - that's the way I want to go.

Old February 12th 05, 03:43 AM
Janet

MattB wrote:
My buddy Dave died of a heart attack at Park City yesterday. So sad and
such a loss. Big surprise too. He was a frequent ski and mountain bike
buddy and as far as I could tell in great shape. This was him a few
weeks ago sharing a fun powder day with me and some friends at Monarch:
http://tinyurl.com/5tplt.
He told the guy he was skiing with he had to take a leak in the trees
and they'd meet up at the bottom. The other guy didn't see him at the
bottom of the run they were on and thought he'd try the base area. Dave
never showed.
I'm heading up to Monarch shortly to make some turns in his memory
today.

Matt

Add my condolences to the rest. Wow, its a reminder that anything can
happen and we shouldn't take the time we have for granted.

Janet

Old February 12th 05, 03:57 AM
MattB

Sven Golly wrote:
MattB wrote in :

My buddy Dave died of a heart attack at Park City yesterday. So sad and
such a loss. Big surprise too. He was a frequent ski and mountain bike
buddy and as far as I could tell in great shape.

Ohh man. I'm so sorry to hear this. But, I agree with Richard, if you gotta
go, that's the way to go. Quick and right in the middle of doing something
you really love. Was he a telemarker? Hard to tell from that photo.

It's probably how I'd want to go too. Only 40 years later.
I just feel so bad for his family. I hope he had good insurance.

He was a good telemarker. He wanted me to teach him how to huck.

Makes me want to get my cholesterol checked too.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Matt

Old February 12th 05, 05:08 AM
ant

"MattB" wrote in message
My buddy Dave died of a heart attack at Park City yesterday. So sad and
such a loss. Big surprise too. He was a frequent ski and mountain bike
buddy and as far as I could tell in great shape. This was him a few weeks
ago sharing a fun powder day with me and some friends at Monarch:
http://tinyurl.com/5tplt.

That's a nice picture. I hope it was quick for your friend.

ant

Old February 14th 05, 05:08 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-11, MattB penned:
My buddy Dave died of a heart attack at Park City yesterday. So sad and such
a loss. Big surprise too. He was a frequent ski and mountain bike buddy and
as far as I could tell in great shape. This was him a few weeks ago sharing
a fun powder day with me and some friends at Monarch:
http://tinyurl.com/5tplt. He told the guy he was skiing with he had to take
a leak in the trees and they'd meet up at the bottom. The other guy didn't
see him at the bottom of the run they were on and thought he'd try the base
area. Dave never showed. I'm heading up to Monarch shortly to make some
turns in his memory today.

Matt

I'm so sorry, Matt.

--