Severe weather warning - Switzerland snow

Old December 17th 04, 11:21 AM
Adrian D. Shaw

Default Severe weather warning - Switzerland snow

The Meteo pages of Swiss DRS television have a severe weather warning out
for lots of snow between now and Sunday evening:

http://www.sfdrs.ch/system/frames/hi...eteo/index.php

Lots of wind though as tonight's low passes; I hope the snow stays on
the pistes.

Alternatively, just bring your skis to Wales

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/.../warnings.html

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old December 17th 04, 11:32 AM
Simon Brown

Well here we're not expecting much snow but we are expecting a big storm
which will not help at all. It's very dry and mild.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old December 17th 04, 11:35 AM
Simon Brown

FWIW my usual weather site is the Tagesanzeiger,
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/portal/wetter/php/index.php but many ski areas
have their own micro climates and the forecasting has been pretty hopeless
for the last year or so.

Suck it and see seems to be the best approach.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old December 17th 04, 11:35 AM
Ace

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:32:38 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

reformatted

"Adrian D. Shaw" wrote in message
The Meteo pages of Swiss DRS television have a severe weather warning out
for lots of snow between now and Sunday evening:

http://www.sfdrs.ch/system/frames/hi...eteo/index.php

Well here we're not expecting much snow but we are expecting a big storm
which will not help at all. It's very dry and mild.

It started raining here a little bit last night and is very grey and
wet today, although only around 5degC this morning, so I think it's on
its way over to you.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)