Timberline

Old January 23rd 05, 05:23 PM
Mike T

I just had to get on my new custom 4WD last week a Crystal. Big
mistake. They had a 28" base, I stayed on the main runs, but still
ended up with a couple nice gash's in the base. Oh well. Bachelor
is the only place I've been this year that didn't suck. Arggg!

This coming week , especially after Tuesday, has some potential... not for
anything huge but eneough to get resorts back open maybe?

I couldn't help myself, and took out one of my new boards as well, at MH
Meadows last Saturday. I stayed on runs that I knew had ample coverage when
the base depth was 6 inches lower, and switched boards the minute I got
bored with those two runs. No dings, but some luck invokved with that too!

Seriously considering going back up to BC next month is things don't get
better here.

I still do have a really good feeling about March and April though... let's
hope I am right!

Old January 24th 05, 02:29 AM
Jeremiah Kristal

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:43:51 -0000, "Mike M. Miskulin"
wrote:

"Mike T" wrote in news:tVwId.14503$Os6.4549
@trnddc08:

I think this is the worst season on Mt Hood since '81.

Meadows and Ski Bowl are both closed until more snow comes.

Things aren't a lot better up here in VT. Very little
natural (Sugarbush saying 75" so far and we all know they
exaggerate!), crushing 50 and 60 degree weather last week
and odd warm/cold cylcles before that. Even with the
small 1-2" nightly stuff early this week there were a few
runs today where they should have posted the signs for
thin cover, or at least 'warning: gravel may show!'

I've never been so excited about the prospect of 4-8" of
snow as I am tonight!

Looks like the storm dumped south and missed north. I think Stratton
was a wee bit optimistic with 18-20" that they reported, but I know I
had at least 16" at the house this morning. I really, really need a
new freeride board, but am actually glad I don't have it yet. Even
18" of fresh snow doesn't cover very well if there was no more than 6"
on the ground previously. At least it was light and fluffy and
completely untouched (other than by me) in the trees until well after
noon.
I hope the PNW gets some snow quickly, it's pretty bad when we have
better conditions in the NorthIcet. I really, really want to be a
natural snow snob, but this season I'm all about the snowmakers.

Jeremiah
Old January 26th 05, 03:07 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

Jeremiah Kristal wrote in
:

Looks like the storm dumped south and missed north. I think
Stratton was a wee bit optimistic with 18-20" that they reported,
but know I had at least 16" at the house this morning. I really,
really need a new freeride board, but am actually glad I don't have
it yet. Even 18" of fresh snow doesn't cover very well if there was
no more than 6" on the ground previously. At least it was light
and fluffy

We got about 8" on the top, but it started to get a bit windblown
in the afternoon. Another 4" last night. Got out at lunch for a
few runs today and it was ok, but like you said theres so little
underneath. As soon as you start leaning back a little for the
powder you either hit some hardpack, rocks or weeds But at
least it was kinda warm today.. +5 at the base!