Opinions on La Tania please !

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11th 03, 09:22 AM
Ben Hodson

Default Opinions on La Tania please !

Thanks Sue,

The cashpoint info is worth having !

The chalet we are thinking of trying to get is owned by a friend of a friend
so the whole thing depends on the friend coming as well as the f-of-a-f will
only rent it out to people he knows - which is fair enough.

I've mostly skied in Canada (I was out there for a few years), so the only
European resort I know is Les Arc 2000. Which had good skiing but the
village was horrible and concrete compared to Whistler for eg.

So what we are after is a resort with good access to guaranteed snow, plus a
little bit of charm rather than concrete bunkers.

What is everyone's favourite resort in the Alps ?

Cheers !

Ben.

"Sue" wrote in message
In message , Ben Hodson
writes
Hi all,

I'm getting around to organising a skiing holiday for about 8 people next
year somewhere in the Alps.

Current plans are for La Tania...

We were there in March. It's very small, maybe two bars three cafes and
a supermarket. These were okay but not outstanding, and prices are high
everywhere in the 3Vs. We did our serious shopping in 1850 and skied
back with it.
There's a free bus to Courchevels/Meribel reasonably often but not very
late.

There is NO CASHPOINT in La Tania, have a wad of Euros with you on
arrival. You can easily get more later as you pass through the larger
resorts.

Access to the skiing is by gondola, no problems unless you miss the last
bubble home at night and your intermediates don't like the bowling-alley
resort run.

The village is all purpose-built and it's on a mountain side, there are
lots of outdoor stairs which are no fun in ski boots or if icy - check
up on access to your chalet.

It was very noisy one night, the guests and staff from a particular
chalet were tobogganing down the bottom part of the resort run on safety
padding removed from some slopeside structure. On their third trip they
were ambushed by a posse of gendarmes, and the tour operator's resort
manager had to go and claim the staff at four in the morning! I don't
suppose this is a regular problem...

I'd be happy to stay there again, and met some people who go there every
year.

--
Sue ])

---