Mammoth opening Nov. 11

Old October 26th 10, 06:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Mammoth opening Nov. 11

On Oct 26, 7:26*am, pigo wrote:
On Oct 26, 4:36*am, Richard Henry wrote:

I think he was there and ther "boarders" figuredc him out right away
like

Well it didn't take us too long to figure him out either.

Yeah. You figured out that if you ever met me in person, you'd get
what you deserved, and you run like the coward you are.

And you know
the saying, "takes one to know one".

No wonder you think boarders are such assholes. They'd kick your ass
in a half second if you talked the way you do here.

Those poseur boarders saw him
coming a long way off. Probably up close too......but that's another
story. *Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......... .

How pathetic. How dickless. How Bob Thompson..

Old October 26th 10, 06:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Oct 26, 8:12*am, snoig wrote:
On Oct 26, 8:26*am, pigo wrote:

On Oct 26, 4:36*am, Richard Henry wrote:

I think he was there and ther "boarders" figuredc him out right away
like

Well it didn't take us too long to figure him out either. And you know
the saying, "takes one to know one". Those poseur boarders saw him
coming a long way off. Probably up close too......but that's another
story. *Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......... ...

Guess I'll need to add Mammoth to my must ski list.

Please do. You should ski there. Your kind of asshole fills the
mountains, though the boarders have more balls.
Old October 26th 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 26, 12:19*pm, comadrejo wrote:
In article
,

*snoig wrote:
Guess I'll need to add Mammoth to my must ski list.

* * It is a great mountain for terrain, and acreage. *It also has high
winds, Sierra snow quality, (Marine influence storms) and a huge amount
of skiers from Southern California. *I think Tokyo is less crowded on a
workday than Mammoth is on Presidents Day Weekend. *Never ever go on *
weekends.

* *The longest lift line that I have ever been in by far was at Canyon
Lodge after Lunch, a mistake I won't make again.

Overall, it is a great place to ski. The key is to avoid the weekends
and the crowds.

If one wants to re-create one of the "Road Warrior" chase scenes, drive
North on US 395 on Friday Night, it is pretty crazy. *It is the "Road
Warrior" and a night, so it was double the fright.

* I wouldn't hesitate in going back... *Hopefully, I will be there this
season.

That's why I try to go the other way.

Of course, at some point in the Friday night return trip you will meet
the crest of the uphill wave, which used to be quite thrilling in some
of the two-lane stretches.

Old October 27th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 27, 5:48*am, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,
*Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

Uphill? *- Hide quoted text -

Uphill Sunday, downhill Friday.
Old October 28th 10, 07:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 27/10/2010 14:48, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,
Richard wrote:

[...]

Uphill gardening ?

Old November 8th 10, 04:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 25, 7:09*pm, "Wayne Decker" wrote:
Mammoth Mt. has announce it's plans to open on Nov. *11. *I was up there
Sunday and there is snow down to the top of Thunder Bound. *The season is
almost upon us. *Meanwhile you might enjoy some of Dave McCoy's photography.
He has a blog athttp://www.davemccoyphoto.com/102-more-from-autumn-in-green-creek/

Tune-up those planks. *The season is nearly here!

The Junebug

It looks like Mammoth has gotten a serious dusting the last few days,
so plans are in the works for Mammoth/June/Tahoe trip in December or
early January.

It has been a few yeas since I have been to Mammoth or June. Any big
changes I should be made aware of?
Old November 9th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Nov 8, 8:36*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Oct 25, 7:09*pm, "Wayne Decker" wrote:

Mammoth Mt. has announce it's plans to open on Nov. *11. *I was up there
Sunday and there is snow down to the top of Thunder Bound. *The season is
almost upon us. *Meanwhile you might enjoy some of Dave McCoy's photography.
He has a blog athttp://www.davemccoyphoto.com/102-more-from-autumn-in-green-creek/

Tune-up those planks. *The season is nearly here!

The Junebug

It looks like Mammoth has gotten a serious dusting the last few days,
so plans are in the works for Mammoth/June/Tahoe trip in December or
early January.

It has been a few yeas since I have been to Mammoth or June. Any big
changes I should be made aware of?

Yeah. More snowboarders. How about you tell them you are going to
lie to the cops about them, and see what happens?
We all know what would happen if you said that to ME in person.