Where do you plan to ski?

Old December 17th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

Default Where do you plan to ski?

" " a écrit dans le
message de news: ...
PG wrote:

I wondered why we had not heard from you this year - nor seen your useful
webcam photos. I take it you are working in Korea.

I shall be in SE Asia for much of the next year certainly - so am trying to
set up an automated cam from Arc 1600. Was up in Les Arcs yesterday though,
fantastic conditions at the moment, but -12°C at 8 down in Bourg SM. A bit
chilly after the Tropics!

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

Old December 17th 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
MoonMan

Ace wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:07:18 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)

Three weekends already in Engelberg, now 3 weeks in Flaine starting
Saturday, an off-piste week with mates in Engelberg in January, a
week's holiday (leading) Feb half-term in Grindelwald, then a rep's
refresher course in Chamonix in April.

The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
skiing the odd weekend or three :-)

OK I can't compete with Ace (sounds like you're back to normal with that
schedule Ace) but,
Courchavel for a week after Christmas, Flaine for a couple of days at the
end of January then Courmayeur for the British Masters training week and
race. than nothing planned (but some leave available) until race camp at
Hintertux at the end of May.

--
Chris *:-)

Rule 1 - Me first
Rule 2 - Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!
Rule 3 - Skis at the bottom, Head at the top!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old December 17th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike[_2_]

wrote in message
I was supposed to ski in "Les carroz" between Christmas and new year,
and finally, i can't be borrowed the appartment, and i can't rent one
because the period covers 2 weeks.
Finally, i'll ski in february, when lifts and pists will be crowded

Bummer, but snow always best in February, eh?
My son is going to Les Carroz for a weekend in January, but he wont let me
come with him :-(
Cheers, Mike

Old December 18th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Devs[_2_]

In message
,
" writes
Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)
For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
season beginning

Saalbach for 2 weeks from Jan 12 and a week in Val d'Isere in April.
Probably from the 6th. Miight go to Lecht or Cairngorm (Scotland) if
there is good snow too seeing as I only live 40 miles away.
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"
Old December 18th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:20:16 -0000, "MoonMan"
wrote:

Ace wrote:

The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
skiing the odd weekend or three :-)

OK I can't compete with Ace (sounds like you're back to normal with that
schedule Ace)

Except I got carried away yesterday and twisted my neck in a stupid
head-plant. Will take a few days to recover properly, although I'm
still (just) able to ski. What a pratt eh?

but,
Courchavel for a week after Christmas, Flaine for a couple of days at the
end of January then Courmayeur for the British Masters training week and
race. than nothing planned (but some leave available) until race camp at
Hintertux at the end of May.

Sounds pretty good anyway.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 18th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki[_2_]

wrote:

Ace wrote:

The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
skiing the odd weekend or three :-)

OK I can't compete with Ace (sounds like you're back to normal with that
schedule Ace)

Except I got carried away yesterday and twisted my neck in a stupid
head-plant. Will take a few days to recover properly, although I'm
still (just) able to ski. What a pratt eh?

Hey, he said you were back to normal !
Old December 18th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Eugene Miya

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:07:18 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:
Hi , I'm brand new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)

I had to swing by the Swiss Consulate in SF Friday. They want to know
that, too, so I can meet with their bosses in Bern again and tell them
what a good job their representatives in the States are doing.

I told them that I was planning 2008 for being a Norway/Iceland year (I
would not mind skiing in Greenland but that's been pending years),
and that I won't plan to get to the Alps until some time in 2009 where I
wanted to spend a week finally in St. Mortiz (Pontresina specifically),
and maybe break down and do the touristy thing in Murren a couple nights
before Kleine Scheidigg (I've had enough time in Grindelwald). But I
also want to explore the upper Glarus at Braunwald. And a bit more of
Austria. And soak in Leukerbaud after skiing.

This weekend I'm just going to settle for my place near Tahoe.

Old December 20th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

wrote:

(sounds like you're back to normal with that
schedule Ace)

Except I got carried away yesterday and twisted my neck in a stupid
head-plant. Will take a few days to recover properly, although I'm
still (just) able to ski. What a pratt eh?

Hey, he said you were back to normal !

Good point, well made. Getting better, and spent most of today
off-piste hunting out the untracked stuff. Still hurts like hell, but
sunshine and powder always makes you feel better, eh?

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 20th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki[_2_]

wrote:

(sounds like you're back to normal with that
schedule Ace)
Except I got carried away yesterday and twisted my neck in a stupid
head-plant. Will take a few days to recover properly, although I'm
still (just) able to ski. What a pratt eh?

Hey, he said you were back to normal !

Good point, well made. Getting better, and spent most of today
off-piste hunting out the untracked stuff. Still hurts like hell, but
sunshine and powder always makes you feel better, eh?

It's so long, I forget