snowboard in holland

Old December 2nd 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Over G

Default snowboard in holland

Hi
I Want to go in December to Holland,
I would like to know if there is Ski resort there , that can teach
snowboarding .. ?

thanks
Old December 3rd 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bas Mevissen[_2_]

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 09:20:29 -0800, Over G wrote:

Hi
I Want to go in December to Holland,
I would like to know if there is Ski resort there , that can teach
snowboarding .. ?

Be welcome! Try www.snowworld.com website. They have two locations in The
Netherlands. The one in Landgraaf (near Maastricht) is more than 500
meters indoor. They also just got new rental stuff.

--
Bas.
Old December 3rd 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Koos van den Hout

Over G wrote in :
I Want to go in December to Holland,
I would like to know if there is Ski resort there , that can teach
snowboarding .. ?

No real resort as Holland lacks mountains and lacks reliable snow. When
enough snow falls for people to try their snowboard gear outside in the
park it will be on the news, after the item about the total traffic chaos
caused by this snow.

But we do have places where you can learn snowboarding:

- indoor pistes with giant cooling installations causing snow.

- outdoor pistes with plastic brushes doing an imitation of snow.

Both have their pros and cons for learning snowboarding.

An overview can be found at http://ski-banen.startpagina.nl/

This information is all in Dutch for as far as I can see, and most of those
places will have websites only in Dutch.

Are you planning to stay in a certain area of the country?

Oh by the way: the christmas holiday weeks are the weeks most of those
places have special courses for kids or other people going on their first
wintersport holiday and therefore the places will be crowded.

Koos van den Hout

--
Koos van den Hout Homepage: http://idefix.net/~koos/
Fax: +31-30-2817051 PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5
Old December 3rd 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Over G

[...]

thanks for the answer.
most of the time I will be in Amsterdam .

maybe you can recommend on a Snowboard place close to Holland ?
(that I can take the train or the bus.)
( in other countries ...)
also what is going in Holland in between the 28.12-3.1 (is every one
in the house. and every thing is closed ? )

(also if you can tell me usually what is the weather in that dates ?)

THANKS!
Old December 3rd 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Koos van den Hout

Over G wrote in :

thanks for the answer.
most of the time I will be in Amsterdam .

maybe you can recommend on a Snowboard place close to Holland ?
(that I can take the train or the bus.)

Snowplanet Spaarnwoude is reachable by bus from Amsterdam (and Haarlem).

http://www.snowplanet.nl/

Which has a bit of their website in English

http://www.snowplanet.nl/?pag=713

( in other countries ...)
also what is going in Holland in between the 28.12-3.1 (is every one
in the house. and every thing is closed ? )

Working isn't very popular in that part of the year but going shopping is
quite popular.

(also if you can tell me usually what is the weather in that dates ?)

Rainy, cold, but probably not freezing.

Koos van den Hout

--
Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 via keyservers
or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 -?)
Old December 3rd 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Over G

On Dec 3, 11:11 pm, Koos van den Hout koos
wrote:
Over G wrote in :

thanks for the answer.
most of the time I will be in Amsterdam .
maybe you can recommend on a Snowboard place close to Holland ?
(that I can take the train or the bus.)

Snowplanet Spaarnwoude is reachable by bus from Amsterdam (and Haarlem).

http://www.snowplanet.nl/

Which has a bit of their website in English

http://www.snowplanet.nl/?pag=713

well this is the indoor snowboard place ( which is nice , and I might
consider it.)
but is there any Snowboard sites (real sites.) outside Holland?
(like in belguim ? france..? )
Old December 3rd 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bas Mevissen[_2_]

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:33:44 -0800, Over G wrote:

well this is the indoor snowboard place ( which is nice , and I might
consider it.)
but is there any Snowboard sites (real sites.) outside Holland? (like in
belguim ? france..? )

You could consider Winterberg in Germany (http://www.winterberg.de/).
Unfortunately, the website is only in Dutch and German.

--
Bas.
Old December 4th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Over G

On Dec 4, 1:26 am, Bas Mevissen
wrote:
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:33:44 -0800, Over G wrote:
well this is the indoor snowboard place ( which is nice , and I might
consider it.)
but is there any Snowboard sites (real sites.) outside Holland? (like in
belguim ? france..? )

You could consider Winterberg in Germany (http://www.winterberg.de/).
Unfortunately, the website is only in Dutch and German.

--
Bas.

while we are on the Amsterdam issue, can you recommend on a good
places to see ? good pubs?
thanks
Old December 4th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bas Mevissen[_2_]

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:59:48 -0800, Over G wrote:

while we are on the Amsterdam issue, can you recommend on a good places
to see ? good pubs?

Don't know, I'm sorry. I'm more at home in the south.

--
Bas.
Old December 4th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Christian Georg Becker

wrote:
Over G wrote in :

thanks for the answer.
most of the time I will be in Amsterdam .
maybe you can recommend on a Snowboard place close to Holland ?
(that I can take the train or the bus.)

Snowplanet Spaarnwoude is reachable by bus from Amsterdam (and Haarlem).

http://www.snowplanet.nl/

Which has a bit of their website in English

http://www.snowplanet.nl/?pag=713

well this is the indoor snowboard place ( which is nice , and I might
consider it.)
but is there any Snowboard sites (real sites.) outside Holland?
(like in belguim ? france..? )

If you can invest two or more days:

Check out if you can't catch a cheap flight to Austria (Innsbruck).
There will be snow enough in the alps and you'll get to most of the
places by train (the rest of the way). For example Zillertal.
France is not easily reachable by train/plane and it will be more
expensive. Maybe the swiss alps ...

In Germany there will be certainly not enough real snow by christmas.
Maybe deep in the south, but if you go to the Schwarzwald, it is only
200km more to the alps

Krischan