V2 aero 125s (wheel failures)

Old October 1st 03, 07:35 AM
Me

Default V2 aero 125s (wheel failures)

Came across this article when I was looking to find out more about the wheel
problem.

http://www.nordicskiracer.com/Equipm...o125wheels.asp

My tires started failing after about 8 outings (usually 3 hours in length).
I've gone through about 5 tires and patched and replaced the same number of
tubes. The paint has also flaked off in large chunks. Having said all of
that, when the skis work, they're fantastic. When the tires fail, they
suck. They say the tires are easy enough to change that a 6 year old can do
it - maybe true, but it is time consuming. Coming from a cycling background
I'm used to 10-15 minutes per change (and used to doing it on the road).
Unless you carry metric and imperial allen keys, spare wrench to
hold the two different nut sizes, as well as spare tires and/or tubes and/or
patch kit, this is not a repair which can be done just anywhere. Jenex has
to do better - better rubber would be the place to start IMHO.

Incidentally, my split rims did not come with O-rings. I'll have to contact
Jenex for these.