ski in/ski out

Old August 19th 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
RogueIT

Default ski in/ski out

I realize that there isn't really a true ski in ski out condo that I
can afford in Breckenridge, Co but was curious about where people have
stayed that was convenient to the lifts... any suggestions?

I have ruled out the village because of the price and peak 7 is
completely off the budget

Thanks,
Rogue
Old August 19th 09, 11:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:57:56 -0700 (PDT), RogueIT
wrote this crap:

I realize that there isn't really a true ski in ski out condo that I
can afford in Breckenridge, Co but was curious about where people have
stayed that was convenient to the lifts... any suggestions?

I have ruled out the village because of the price and peak 7 is
completely off the budget

IMO ski in/ ski out is overrated. The last time I stayed at one the
snow guns ran all night. And there was no parking close by. I had to
carry all my gear from the parking lot up hill to the condo.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old August 19th 09, 01:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

RogueIT wrote:
I realize that there isn't really a true ski in ski out condo that I
can afford in Breckenridge, Co but was curious about where people have
stayed that was convenient to the lifts... any suggestions?

Go somewhere other than Colorado. Or go in deep off-season (Early
November, Late April).

Otherwise, there are no affordable accommodations in Colorado convenient
to the lifts.

//Walt
Old August 19th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 18, 6:57*pm, RogueIT wrote:
I realize that there isn't really a true ski in ski out condo that I
can afford in Breckenridge, Co but was curious about where people have
stayed that was convenient to the lifts... any suggestions?

I have ruled out the village because of the price and peak 7 is
completely off the budget

Thanks,
Rogue

The Fireside Inn is one of the least expensive places to stay in
Breckenridge but it isn't exactly walk to the lifts close. Although
it can be done. It is right on the Freeride bus route so you can get
a bus to the gondola from right outside the door.

Breckenridge has a great free bus system so if you are looking for an
inexpensive place to stay, look for a place on the bus route. Pretty
much all of them go to the gondola but you can also save the gondola
ride time by going to the base of Peak 9.

Here's a couple of links that may help:
http://www.summitstage.com/
http://www.summitcolorado.com/brecke...-free-ride.php
http://www.firesideinn.com
http://breckenridge.snow.com/info/wi...aps.trails.asp
Old September 5th 09, 10:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marc G.

On Aug 18, 8:57*pm, RogueIT wrote:
I realize that there isn't really a true ski in ski out condo that I
can afford in Breckenridge, Co but was curious about where people have
stayed that was convenient to the lifts... any suggestions?

I have ruled out the village because of the price and peak 7 is
completely off the budget

Thanks,
Rogue

We stayed at the Grand Timber Lodge a few years ago. It is modified
ski in/ski out as you may have to pole and possibly walk a little
bit. Its a nice place (Studio's thru 3BR units) and probably a bit on
the expensive side. We went the first week of April so the price
wasn't too bad. Breck is great with a really good free bus system.
Check VRBO.com for owners renting their units.

Marc