And now a bit of Science

Old July 10th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default And now a bit of Science

For your perusal and edification, I present:

http://shop.moderntoss.com/images/143.jpg

For Educational purposes only. Enjoy!

//Walt
Old July 12th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
Walt wrote:

For your perusal and edification, I present:

http://shop.moderntoss.com/images/143.jpg

For Educational purposes only. Enjoy!

Walt, can you check the URL. I'm getting denied access. Either the URL
is broken, or it's a very civilised and discerning web site.
Old July 12th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stig Arne Bye

Dave Cartman wrote:

In article ,
Walt wrote:

For your perusal and edification, I present:

http://shop.moderntoss.com/images/143.jpg

For Educational purposes only. Enjoy!

Walt, can you check the URL. I'm getting denied access. Either the URL
is broken, or it's a very civilised and discerning web site.

This site appear to be using so called HotLink protection, which means
that an object can be accessed from within the website of server itself,
but NOT directly from outside this website or server, e.g. by copying
the URL of images directly in a browser.

Sometimes ago I created a testpage that demonstrate this:
http://footballclubs.io/testpages/Ho...tion/demo.html

Stig Arne Bye

Administrator for the footballclubs.io server/domain

E-mail ......: /
Contact .....: MSN Messenger:

Snail-Mail ..: Axel Borgens veg 4, NO-9900 Kirkenes, Norway
Homepage ....: UNDER CONSTRUCTION:
http://stigbye.footballclubs.io

Old July 12th 10, 04:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Stig Arne Bye wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
Walt wrote:

For your perusal and edification, I present:

http://shop.moderntoss.com/images/143.jpg

For Educational purposes only. Enjoy!

Walt, can you check the URL. I'm getting denied access. Either the URL
is broken, or it's a very civilised and discerning web site.

This site appear to be using so called HotLink protection, which means
that an object can be accessed from within the website of server itself,
but NOT directly from outside this website or server, e.g. by copying
the URL of images directly in a browser.

Actually, the whole darn site seems to be down - probably due to the
"Slashdot" effect. Fortunately, there's a cached version:

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...010/07/143.jpg

//Walt
Old July 13th 10, 08:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
Walt wrote:

Stig Arne Bye wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
Walt wrote:

For your perusal and edification, I present:

http://shop.moderntoss.com/images/143.jpg

For Educational purposes only. Enjoy!

Walt, can you check the URL. I'm getting denied access. Either the URL
is broken, or it's a very civilised and discerning web site.

This site appear to be using so called HotLink protection, which means
that an object can be accessed from within the website of server itself,
but NOT directly from outside this website or server, e.g. by copying
the URL of images directly in a browser.

Actually, the whole darn site seems to be down - probably due to the
"Slashdot" effect. Fortunately, there's a cached version:

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...010/07/143.jpg

Thank you!