Anyone have any recommendations or tips regarding a video cam for snowboard/skiing use? >>

Old February 14th 06, 08:40 PM

Default Anyone have any recommendations or tips regarding a video cam for snowboard/skiing use? >>

It seems from what I've read thus far that miniDV is the best format
for the task, and Panasonic makes some pretty decent ones in my price
range, which is $500 or so.

Any input would be appreciated!

Old February 17th 06, 02:50 AM

"KenOsborne" wrote in
oups.com:

It seems from what I've read thus far that miniDV is the best

format
for the task, and Panasonic makes some pretty decent ones in my

price
range, which is $500 or so.

Any input would be appreciated!

I think it might depend whether you will be (mostly) stationary
taking video of others (ie pipe or park) or if you plan on
using it as storage for a helmet mounted cam. If the latter,
you only need to spend enough to ensure it has external video
in (most probably will). No sense spending a lot of dough if
the cam might get really tossed around. In that regard I
have a jvc grd200 (3 yrs old?) ran about 280 or so.

I don't know if the 3 CCD prosumer cams have come down enough
in price but thats probably a good way to go if you are primarily
filming others - the dynamic range should be better.

Old March 7th 06, 09:11 PM

Check out this site for a few reviews
http://helmetcameracentral.com/