Nearest resorts to european airports?

Old March 25th 04, 03:28 PM
copek

Default Nearest resorts to european airports?

hi,

am planning a last minute long weekend to the snow next week. was planning
on flying to geneva and then driving to Chamonix / Morzine depending on the
forecast next monday. but its looking like austria / italy may be a better
bet for snow.

can anyone give me the equivalent good resorts that are near (within 90
mins) aiports in austria, siwtzerland and italy?

i know innsbruck has loads around it, but wondering what's nearby turin,
salzburg, zurich etc?

your personal experience or any good links would be greatfully received.

ta

Old March 25th 04, 06:31 PM
Mike Watson

copek wrote:
hi,

am planning a last minute long weekend to the snow next week. was planning
on flying to geneva and then driving to Chamonix / Morzine depending on the
forecast next monday. but its looking like austria / italy may be a better
bet for snow.

can anyone give me the equivalent good resorts that are near (within 90
mins) aiports in austria, siwtzerland and italy?

i know innsbruck has loads around it, but wondering what's nearby turin,
salzburg, zurich etc?

your personal experience or any good links would be greatfully received.

ta

garmisch-partenkirchen in Germany is reasonably close to munich.
Old March 25th 04, 06:50 PM
Han Solo (D)

"copek" wrote:

am planning a last minute long weekend to the snow next week. was
planning on flying to geneva and then driving to Chamonix / Morzine
depending on the forecast next monday. but its looking like austria /
italy may be a better bet for snow.

Definitly go to Innsbruck. From there, loads of great skiing areas are
within 2 hours or less of driving.

As you mentioned, the mountains there have had the biggest March snowfall
during the last 100 years (at least thats what TV tells...).

Depends how much you want to spend, but Ischgl or St.Anton/Arlberg are
definitly great places to go.
If you don't want to drive that far, the nearest spots near Innsbruck,
which are great skiing areas AND both have a glacier, are the Zillertal and
the Stubaital.

Snow in France is not that good right now, friends of me where there last
week.

Han Solo
Old March 25th 04, 08:03 PM
Johannes

Hi

can anyone give me the equivalent good resorts that are near (within 90
mins) aiports in austria, siwtzerland and italy?

i know innsbruck has loads around it, but wondering what's nearby turin,
salzburg, zurich etc?

from Zürich is the nearst Flumserberg (www.flumserberg.com) 1 h drive
further east Arosa(www.arosa.ch) , lenzerheide (www.lenzerheide.ch),
Davos( www.davos.ch , www.parsenn.ch) Flims/Laax (www.laax.ch) all
2-2.5h

Engelberg(www.titlis.ch) 1.5h, Andermatt(www.andermatt.ch) 1.75h, at
Central Switzerland.

forget Berner Oberland excluding Adelboden (www.adelboden.ch) poor
snow cover.

snow condition at switzerland
http://wispo.stnet.ch/requests/MySwi...=en&vhost=chdt

I go this weekend to Engelberg. 70cm new snow at the village and 100cm
at the Top (last 48h)

Johannes