please recommended snowboard range size according to my weight and height ?

Old October 14th 03, 09:40 PM
Mario

Default please recommended snowboard range size according to my weight and height ?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered a thousand times
before
in this newsgroup but here goes:

I was thinking of buying a snowboard. What size should I look for if
I'm
6'3" (191cm) and 220 lbs (100 kg). Feet size 13 ( 46 ) which means I
need a wide board else in the turns my boots touch the snow ? I am a 2
years beginner free rider but hoping to become advanced sooner than
later.

Thanks in advanced.
Old October 15th 03, 11:57 PM
charlesg

Yeah, There can be a lot of variables that can come into play when
purchasing a new board. I 'd encourage you also check out as many
demo's as you can and to go to your local shop and stand over boards
to get a fell for what you like.
Old October 16th 03, 06:53 AM
My Name

My friend is much like you (physical size/weight) and he rides a burton
bullet 164, it was his first board and he loves it, this will be his 3rd
season riding it, it's suited quite well to his ability. Make sure the board
you buy has the correct weight range, there's nothing worse than riding a
board that's too flexible for your weight, if anything you need something a
bit stiffer for more stability.

There are several things you can do for toe/heel drag, one or all in
combination.

#1 buy the shortest boots you can find that are comfortable. Not all size 13
boots will be the same length from heel to toe. Just line them up with the
heel against a wall and you'll easily see which boots are shorter. Start at
the shortest end and work your way up until you find the shortest most
comfortable boot.

#2 buy some palmer powerlinks, not only do they get your feet up off the
board a bit and thereby decrease the chance of toe/heel drag, but with a
wide board (or any board for that matter) they will increase the edge to
edge response because you'll have a bit more leverage being up a centimeter
or two. There are several models, most are 1cm high, one is 2cm high for
extremely large feet.

#3 increase your binding angles, this may not be an option depending on your
riding style, but if you like to carve more than anything else a greater
binding angle 20+ degrees will get your body in a better carving position
and also bring your toes & heels in thereby reducing chances of drag.

Bindings, my aforementioned friend rides some high end burtons. I personally
reccommend Ride bindings with their aluminum baseplates and near bulletproof
construction.

-Tom
AASI 187640

"Mario" wrote in message
m...
Sorry if this question has been asked and answered a thousand times
before
in this newsgroup but here goes:

I was thinking of buying a snowboard. What size should I look for if
I'm
6'3" (191cm) and 220 lbs (100 kg). Feet size 13 ( 46 ) which means I
need a wide board else in the turns my boots touch the snow ? I am a 2
years beginner free rider but hoping to become advanced sooner than
later.

Thanks in advanced.

---