Whistler

Old August 29th 03, 07:34 AM
James Bishop

Default Whistler

Yeah, you have to be here well before the seaoson starts to get a place to
live and a job of whatever sort you are thinking. If you show up here in
November or December looking for a place, you very likely will not find one,
or you will be paying ~way~ too much money for it. My best advice is to
come right now. Or even last month if you can swing it. The local magazine
www.piquenewsmagazine.com is the best listing of accomodation in the valley
in its classified ads. The paper comes out on Fridays, but the classifieds
can be seen Thursdays and acted on then. A fairly standard procedure here
for aprarment hunting is to show up to see the landlord with first and last
month rent in your hands.

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:25:37 +0100, "TimNiceButDim"
wrote:

I'm heading out for the season too. From what i've heard from my friends
who've gone before you sort it all out when you get there. to have the

best
chance they said you need to go before the season starts.
If anyone knows otherwise, please tell me.

"Björn Anttila" wrote in message
news
Hello!
planing to go spend this season i Whistler and woundering if I have to
arange my living before i go there or if it´s like bigger resorts in

europe
, u just go there and start looking for people whit some extra space in
there apparments...

Björn
Anttila ICQ#: 45473893 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Recruiting by the mountain is done in the fall. It used to be
September, but I think is now a bit later. The staff housing issue is
sorted out then. Your best chance (I think, having lived there several
years) is to go out as soon as you can around Labor day. The local
businesses may not be hiring their fall staff yet, but you can score a
place to live much more easily if you don't want to live in staff
accomodation. The summer crowd has gone back to school at that point
too. If you can go before the end of August, then just linger like a
refrigerator odor around the places you think you might want to work
in the village, they will get to know you and your chances of getting
a job as the season starts are much better. You can also scoop a place
that a student is moving out of. Good luck. You'll have a fabulous
time once you get the employment/housing sorted out.