tunes when boarding

Old December 2nd 04, 01:07 PM
Brian

Default tunes when boarding

yeah,

Would be cool to see more options.. I plan to have a flash mp3 player
with me this year to keep me motivated when riding the lifts up the
slopes. (non HD based as things like the Ipod with moving parts freeze
up here in Central Canada when its -30!)

Does the Giro option come with a volume/mute button the wiring?

Old December 2nd 04, 02:11 PM
Neil Gendzwill

http://www.xmradio.com/myfi/index.jsp

Old December 2nd 04, 03:29 PM
bri719

Switters wrote:

You need music to keep you motivated? Wow! I'm just thrilled to be out
in the mountains.

I'm always afraid someone would crash into me if I had headphones
plugging up my ears and couldn't rely on my sense of hearing at all.
some guy already took out my right shin (and hit the topsheet of my
board first, luckily), the other day. and I wasn't anywhere that I
should have been in somebody's way. I heard him coming a split second
before it happened, or maybe it could have been worse, I dunno.

might be nice to have some tunes on some backcountry though, unless
there's an avalanche comin at ya or something ;-)

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old December 3rd 04, 03:02 PM
Andy Turner

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:29:23 -0800, bri719
wrote:

Switters wrote:

You need music to keep you motivated? Wow! I'm just thrilled to be out
in the mountains.

I'm always afraid someone would crash into me if I had headphones
plugging up my ears and couldn't rely on my sense of hearing at all.
some guy already took out my right shin (and hit the topsheet of my
board first, luckily), the other day. and I wasn't anywhere that I
should have been in somebody's way. I heard him coming a split second
before it happened, or maybe it could have been worse, I dunno.

might be nice to have some tunes on some backcountry though, unless
there's an avalanche comin at ya or something ;-)

Don't you use your ears for balance though - somehow? Music piped into
them whilst actually boarding might not be ideal. That said, that's
not what the OP said.

andyt

Old December 3rd 04, 03:49 PM
toddjb

bri719 wrote in message ...

might be nice to have some tunes on some backcountry though, unless
there's an avalanche comin at ya or something ;-)

bri

its great riding with music, but you do have to keep the volume adjusted
based on crowds. on most slopes i'm usually one of the faster riders so
i don't have to worry about anyone coming up behind me. granted i'm not
a total speed freek flying down the slopes without enjoying some turns,
but, on choice slopes the newbies are cautious and the experienced riders
tend to give each other space. i'm definitely more careful when i enter
a slope, though, about looking up to see if it is clear. and in congested
areas, yeah, the music gets paused or turned down.

wide open powder runs, bowls, steeps, moguls, yes, its great!

backcountry trees...well, actually there we usually turn it off.
when you're off the marked trails a friend can quickly get lost and if
someone (including you!) falls in a tree wheel or something you want
their shout to be heard. it sure does suck if you're down and need
help but your riding partner can't hear you because he is cruising
through the trees with the music cranked up!

fwiw,
-todd
Old December 4th 04, 02:03 PM
Drug Buddy

Neil Gendzwill wrote:
Brian wrote:

Would be cool to see more options...

http://www.xmradio.com/myfi/index.jsp

I've been thinking about upgrading my player, looking at this one - 17
quid!!:
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/product-info.php?id=296
Takes SD cards too, my current player just has fixed onboard memory,
Mymemory is doing a Gig card for 65 quid. These USB players allow you to
keep data on the player as well (scans of passport, insurance cert, CV etc
etc) pretty handy. I think this one's the same as mine, the player hangs
from a neck halter that has the ear phones integral, so all you need to do
is whip the phones oot yer ears when you get off the lift and let the player
play on (10 hrs outta 1 AAA). Aye, I've just sold it to myself!

DB

Old December 5th 04, 12:00 AM
David Taylor

Andy Turner wrote on Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:02:35 +0000 (UTC):

Don't you use your ears for balance though - somehow? Music piped into
them whilst actually boarding might not be ideal. That said, that's
not what the OP said.

Yeah, but unless you feel dizzy when you're listening to music, your
balance isn't affected by sound. Ear infections can cause problems
though.

--
David Taylor

"The future just ain't what it used to be."

Pain in left forearm after starting boarding Ralph Kent Snowboarding 14 April 2nd 04 02:53 PM
Lake Tahoe Snow boarding Question Kevin Harper North American Ski Resorts 2 November 15th 03 04:31 AM
Anybody boarding out in UTAH or COLORADO right now? toddjb Snowboarding 7 November 14th 03 10:46 PM
Sand Boarding Yello snow Snowboarding 0 October 29th 03 02:51 PM
Off season boarding Mike Manuele Snowboarding 3 August 12th 03 04:19 AM