What the heck does this burton sticker mean?

Old December 10th 04, 04:44 PM
Chris J.

"bri719" wrote in message
Champ wrote:

"And that was a broadcast from the 'Speak English or Die' party".

"You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists."

no not really...most universal products I buy, whether they be
electronics, snowboarding related, or clothing are printed in multiple
languages (English, French, Spanish at a minimum). didn't think these
would be any different. why have pictograms almost nobody understands?
granted there's Japanese too, but that's only one more to worry about.
you want to print it in German also, hey be my guest.

It takes a lot of money and effort to localize and print that documentation.
Pictograms are cheaper.

it also seems to reason that Burton is a NA company and some form of
English-printed instructions would be included for things. they're
charging enough...

It's a business decision. They probably figure most people wouldn't read it
even if they provided it...and they're probably right. It might be a good
idea to post it on their website tho.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Chris

Old December 14th 04, 02:12 PM
Si

Champ wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:02:11 -0800, "David"
wrote:

"todd" wrote in message ups.com...

i'm not sure if this one is a cool feature or not, but this sticker was
on the heel of my burton ion boot and for the life of me i have no idea
what they're trying to say.

Probably "leather uppers, synthetic liner & sole."

That's it.

Playing the pedant, as is often my want, it actually means the upper is
a leather synthetic mix. thats why it has a diamond in the leather sign
as well

Si