Does such a map exist?

Old June 15th 05, 09:14 PM
Adrian Tupper

Default Does such a map exist?

Has anyone come across a map, preferably online, showing locations of all
the European ski resorts? Even country maps for the Alps would be helpful.

The best I've seen so far is www.bergfex.de, www.bergfex.at etc. These are
good for clicking on dots to find more info but not so easy to see how you
get to each resort.

--
Adrian
Old June 16th 05, 09:17 AM
MoonMan

Adrian Tupper wrote:
Has anyone come across a map, preferably online, showing locations of
all the European ski resorts? Even country maps for the Alps would
be helpful.

The best I've seen so far is www.bergfex.de, www.bergfex.at etc.
These are good for clicking on dots to find more info but not so easy
to see how you get to each resort.

You can use Microsoft Autoroute just tell it to show Ski resorts.

Chris *:-)

Old June 16th 05, 10:54 AM
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Adrian Tupper :
Has anyone come across a map, preferably online, showing locations of all
the European ski resorts? Even country maps for the Alps would be helpful.

The best I've seen so far is www.bergfex.de, www.bergfex.at etc. These are
good for clicking on dots to find more info but not so easy to see how you
get to each resort.

In other words, you're after something more than offered in the usual ski
guides? The ADAC Ski Atlas for 2004 that I have contains some pretty good
maps, but (as I remember) it doesn't show the road network as well. It's
probably not available in the UK though, I bought it in Germany.

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old June 16th 05, 05:14 PM
Adrian Tupper

(Adrian D. Shaw) wrote in
:

Felly sgrifennodd Adrian Tupper :
Has anyone come across a map, preferably online, showing locations of
all the European ski resorts? Even country maps for the Alps would be
helpful.

The best I've seen so far is
www.bergfex.de, www.bergfex.at etc.
These are good for clicking on dots to find more info but not so easy
to see how you get to each resort.

In other words, you're after something more than offered in the usual
ski guides? The ADAC Ski Atlas for 2004 that I have contains some
pretty good maps, but (as I remember) it doesn't show the road network
as well. It's probably not available in the UK though, I bought it in
Germany.

Adrian

Which usual ski guides? I'm looking for essentially a road atlas with
e.g. big blobby skier symbols where each ski slope is situated.

Or something like that. I'll try ADAC.

--
Adrian
Old June 16th 05, 05:15 PM
Adrian Tupper

"MoonMan" wrote in news:d8rg46$ott$1
:

Adrian Tupper wrote:
Has anyone come across a map, preferably online, showing locations of
all the European ski resorts? Even country maps for the Alps would
be helpful.

The best I've seen so far is www.bergfex.de, www.bergfex.at etc.
These are good for clicking on dots to find more info but not so easy
to see how you get to each resort.

You can use Microsoft Autoroute just tell it to show Ski resorts.

Chris *:-)

My copy only shows the UK. And I know where those resorts are! How good
is the European version? Does it show all resorts?

--
Adrian
Old June 17th 05, 08:40 AM
MoonMan

Adrian Tupper wrote:
"MoonMan" wrote in
news:d8rg46$ott$1 :

Adrian Tupper wrote:
Has anyone come across a map, preferably online, showing locations
of all the European ski resorts? Even country maps for the Alps
would be helpful.

The best I've seen so far is www.bergfex.de, www.bergfex.at etc.
These are good for clicking on dots to find more info but not so
easy to see how you get to each resort.

You can use Microsoft Autoroute just tell it to show Ski resorts.

Chris *:-)

My copy only shows the UK. And I know where those resorts are! How
good is the European version? Does it show all resorts?

It seems to show a lot, but I don't know about all. The current version (and
the previous one both show the whole of Europe rather than just the UK. but
it Doesnt list Dry slopes like the old one used to.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old June 17th 05, 10:02 AM
James Hart

MoonMan wrote:
Adrian Tupper wrote:
"MoonMan" wrote in
news:d8rg46$ott$1 :

Adrian Tupper wrote:
Has anyone come across a map, preferably online, showing locations
of all the European ski resorts? Even country maps for the Alps
would be helpful.

The best I've seen so far is www.bergfex.de, www.bergfex.at etc.
These are good for clicking on dots to find more info but not so
easy to see how you get to each resort.

You can use Microsoft Autoroute just tell it to show Ski resorts.

Chris *:-)

My copy only shows the UK. And I know where those resorts are! How
good is the European version? Does it show all resorts?

It seems to show a lot, but I don't know about all. The current
version (and the previous one both show the whole of Europe rather
than just the UK. but it Doesnt list Dry slopes like the old one used
to.

Surely there must be a snowsports website out there somewhere that's
collated an importable file with all the useful stuff on it. I know the
PDA/GPS scene has loads of such files for everything from pubs through
garages to speed cameras.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

Old June 17th 05, 05:13 PM
Adrian Tupper

"James Hart" wrote in news:3hfm29FgroagU1
@individual.net:

MoonMan wrote:
Adrian Tupper wrote:
"MoonMan" wrote in
news:d8rg46$ott$1 :

Adrian Tupper wrote:
[...]

If there is I have yet to find it.

--
Adrian
Old June 17th 05, 07:17 PM
MadCow

In message , James Hart
writes

Surely there must be a snowsports website out there somewhere that's
collated an importable file with all the useful stuff on it. I know the
PDA/GPS scene has loads of such files for everything from pubs through
garages to speed cameras.

Is there a GPS system with built-in Good Beer Guide yet?
A web connection to pubs' guest beer lists could be useful too.

--
Sue ];(
Old June 20th 05, 09:14 AM
MoonMan

MadCow wrote:
In message , James Hart
writes

Surely there must be a snowsports website out there somewhere that's
collated an importable file with all the useful stuff on it. I know
the PDA/GPS scene has loads of such files for everything from pubs
through garages to speed cameras.

Is there a GPS system with built-in Good Beer Guide yet?
A web connection to pubs' guest beer lists could be useful too.

I agree with this post

Chris *:-)