Narrow, metal edge, waxless, 157 cm X-country skis?

Old March 13th 09, 12:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
AES

Default Narrow, metal edge, waxless, 157 cm X-country skis?

One of my wife's Fischer Adventure Revolution 157 cm cross country skis
has lost an edge. She's very fond of that particular model and size
(even though what we mostly do is just shuffle along on groomed trails
or backcountry forest roads -- no downhill turns), but it's no longer
made, and eBay listings are thin to nonexistent.

Anyone have a pointer to a narrow, metal edge, waxless, 157 cm X-country
ski of any brand, new or used?

Thanks.
Old March 16th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Peter Clinch

AES wrote:

Anyone have a pointer to a narrow, metal edge, waxless, 157 cm X-country
ski of any brand, new or used?

That's shorter than anything I've seen (though the supply in the UK is
limited). Sporten Foresters come in 165 is the nearest I've personally
come across.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old March 18th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
SMS

AES wrote:
One of my wife's Fischer Adventure Revolution 157 cm cross country skis
has lost an edge. She's very fond of that particular model and size
(even though what we mostly do is just shuffle along on groomed trails
or backcountry forest roads -- no downhill turns), but it's no longer
made, and eBay listings are thin to nonexistent.

Anyone have a pointer to a narrow, metal edge, waxless, 157 cm X-country
ski of any brand, new or used?

Here they are on ebay in Canada:

"http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Fischer-Adventure-The-Revolution-Skis-Length-157cm_W0QQitemZ370028386457QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116"

Also take a look at: "http://www.skirack.com/browse.cfm/4,3520.html" at
159 cm.
Old March 18th 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
AES

In article ,
SMS wrote:

Here they are on ebay in Canada:

"http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Fischer-Adventure-The-Revolution-Skis-Length-157cm_W0Q
QitemZ370028386457QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDom ain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l111
6"

Also take a look at: "http://www.skirack.com/browse.cfm/4,3520.html" at
159 cm.

Thanks very much for reply. Apparently Fischer made these skis with
both waxless (fishscale) and smooth bottoms, and the ebay link is the
latter.

The Skirack store in Burlington seems to have very similar skis in a
bunch of different brands, however.

Thanks again.