Info regarding Les Gets needed

Old January 5th 04, 10:27 AM
Jeff

Default Info regarding Les Gets needed

Hi Folks,

Happy New Year

I need a little advice regarding the resort of Les Gets, we're going there
for a long weeekend at the end of Feb and have recieved conflicting advice
about whether we need to hire a car or not. The people concerned were
appalled to find out that we intended to get a bus from Geneva to the resort
and advised us to hire a car so we can get around.

Now my question is, as we will only get 2 1/2 days on the slopes and we're
all at the beginner / intermediate stage (mixture of skiers and boarders)
will there be enough in the resort to keep us occupied or is it all
ridiculously hard and we'll need to go somewhere nearby that caters more for
our standard? if we do need to travel whats the bus service like?

I also hear rumours that it can be pretty unpleasant in the queues (more
rugby scrum), and it'd be advisable to have a chat to the tourist
information people as they can advise us on the least busy slopes / lifts
etc, has anyone else found this?

Thanks

Jeff

Old January 5th 04, 01:41 PM
WeatherCam

Jeff

You'd probably get more pertinent advice posting in
rec.skiing.resorts.europe - my advice is that it all depends on the snow
cover as Les Gets is quite low - plus, I think, you'll also be there in
French half term, but maybe not such a bad thing as Les Gets is quite
small - it links up with Morzine further up the valley which in turn links
up with Avoriaz - but bearing in mind your various ability levels and
duration of stay, again, if the snow cover is ok, Les Gets will be fine for
a couple of days...but as it's French half term there will be loads of kids
around and French kids do not know how to queue ( apologies for this
statement, but it's true).....

Mind you, as it will be busy, you would really be better off hiring a car
rather than rely on a coach - as you only have a couple of days in the
resort and a coach could take a while if it's dropping off on route to other
resorts - again post your message in rsre.

REgards
WC

Old January 5th 04, 03:39 PM
Jeff

DOH!!! Cheers for that, didn't know about that newsgroup, I'll see what
they have to say.

Regards,

Jeff