This whole Bode / Media deal.

Old February 21st 06, 11:44 PM

Default This whole Bode / Media deal.

Everybody's jumping on the negative comments about Bode, blaming the
ignorant media and such.

But perhaps that's just what the "Bode haters" are trying to say. On day 1
of the Olympics, NBC called him this Olympics' American hero, and said he
will "probably get 5 medals", and even possibly 5 gold.

My reactions to him DQing two events and coming below podium on the other
two were rather aloof, I must admit. "Hero, ha!" I thought to myself. But it
wasn't really towards Bode, or his supporters... but more toward the aire
that has been created around him by the NBC and papers and such.

Old February 22nd 06, 12:23 AM

JvD wrote:
NBC called him this Olympics' American hero, and said he
will "probably get 5 medals", and even possibly 5 gold.

I bet a 3$ bill those NBC flakes don't know who Toni Sailer is.
Old February 22nd 06, 12:23 AM

People are terrified of original thinkers, people who live outside the box,
people who cannot be coerced into being a lying fraud like most assholes in
the universe.
Not much difference between the freaks taking cheap shots at Bode and the
freaks he they do it for the same reasons.
Because he exposed the lies, the frauds, the illusions.
Same old, same old

Old February 22nd 06, 12:28 AM

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
et...
JvD wrote:
NBC called him this Olympics' American hero, and said he
will "probably get 5 medals", and even possibly 5 gold.

I bet a 3$ bill those NBC flakes don't know who Toni Sailer is.

The first skis I bought for muself were a pair of Toni Sailer fiberglass.

Horrible skis for a low-intermediate, which I was at the time.

Old February 22nd 06, 07:45 PM

lal_truckee wrote:
JvD wrote:

NBC called him this Olympics' American hero, and said he will
"probably get 5 medals", and even possibly 5 gold.

I bet a 3$ bill those NBC flakes don't know who Toni Sailer is.

My kids were in his ski school in Kitzbuhl (?) some years ago. Skool
started at 10 am so we went up for a few runs before then and the waife
brought the kids down in the cable car while I skied down the Hanenkam
(sp?). Thankfully some of the steeper bits were fenced oiff, but even
going flat out non-stop on a fairly clear course, my fastest time was
around 9 minutes !
Old February 23rd 06, 07:18 PM

Man, you're dating yourself. I had the same skis... although I bought mine
used ;-)

Old February 23rd 06, 10:10 PM

"GWood" wrote in message
Man, you're dating yourself. I had the same skis... although I bought

mine
used ;-)

Mine were leftovers that didn't sell the year before. I think I paid about
$50 for them, and a student season pass to Jay Peak cost about $60.