fake oakley. not as described

Old November 12th 04, 03:00 PM
magickarle

Default fake oakley. not as described

Hi, I'm cross-posting this problem to let people know what they can get into
by buying on ebay.
Don't get me wrong, I've been an Ebay customer and seller for 4 years now
and never had to take serious actions againts seller/buyer but this one is
outrageous:
If you want some details, go to my website
http://magickarle.dyndns.org/ebay/oakley
Old November 12th 04, 03:50 PM
Bruce Chang

"magickarle" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I'm cross-posting this problem to let people know what they can get
into
by buying on ebay.
Don't get me wrong, I've been an Ebay customer and seller for 4 years now
and never had to take serious actions againts seller/buyer but this one is
outrageous:
If you want some details, go to my website
http://magickarle.dyndns.org/ebay/oakley

If you're interested, I shut down these sellers that were pawning off
Ray-bans as real.

http://tinyurl.com/4sohh

-Bruce

Old November 12th 04, 09:28 PM
bri719

Bruce Chang wrote:

If you're interested, I shut down these sellers that were pawning off
Ray-bans as real.

http://tinyurl.com/4sohh

I don't know how related this is to the OP, but I just sold two more
Oakley items on ebay within the past week (three I've sold altogether).
all were brand new and authentic!

no sunglasses, but I hawked two t-shirts and a nice money clip. in fact
I think a black and pink t (new) might still have a few hours left...so
get out there and bid ;-)

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old November 14th 04, 01:18 PM
magickarle

"Bruce Chang" wrote in message . com...
"magickarle" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I'm cross-posting this problem to let people know what they can get
into
by buying on ebay.
Don't get me wrong, I've been an Ebay customer and seller for 4 years now
and never had to take serious actions againts seller/buyer but this one is
outrageous:
If you want some details, go to my website
http://magickarle.dyndns.org/ebay/oakley

If you're interested, I shut down these sellers that were pawning off
Ray-bans as real.

http://tinyurl.com/4sohh

-Bruce

Hi Bruce, thaks your your link. Very informative.
at first, I did a "not received complaint because I didn't get any
glasses. Thanks, the seller did send glasses (but counterfeit) and
paypal closed my complaint. I asked paypal to make another complaint
as a not as described counterfeit but they said to contact ebay!!
What should I do? I though of contacting my credit card company.

Thanks
Old November 14th 04, 05:15 PM
G.Kirkwood

On 14 Nov 2004 06:18:42 -0800, (magickarle)
wrote:

[...]

Doing a charge back with your CC company might work, though your's and
the sellers paypal account may be suspended while they work it out.
The only thing Ebay will do is try to get the parties together in
mediation (20.00!) but no guarantee's it will be worked out. Good
luck! If you got it thru USPS, file an online mail fraud complaint
with them. They will notify the seller, and maybe scare the **** out
of him! It worked for me once on an undelivered item.

Old November 14th 04, 07:04 PM
bri719

G.Kirkwood wrote:

Doing a charge back with your CC company might work, though your's and
the sellers paypal account may be suspended while they work it out.
The only thing Ebay will do is try to get the parties together in
mediation (20.00!) but no guarantee's it will be worked out. Good
luck! If you got it thru USPS, file an online mail fraud complaint
with them. They will notify the seller, and maybe scare the **** out
of him! It worked for me once on an undelivered item.

really? interesting.....I wonder it would work for me. I lost out on
an item the seller decided to never send, then closed his account.
previously he had only good feedback (not a ton, but enough). it was
only like $15 but it's the principle of it. I can't afford to be
throwing $15 on nothing, and the fact that I go to a lot of trouble to
send my own items for less than retail, like $10 on a $15 item, and
don't do a lot of selling means I'm giving away for free, a valued item
I could just use myself or give someone as a gift Paypal has been no
help since there's no funds in the guy's account (stupid) and eBay has
that stupid policy you mentioned.

so if I find out his address and contact the P.O. saying he defrauded me
by promising to send something thru the mail and not doing so, I might
get my money back??
hmm I'm wanting to try that

bri

Old November 14th 04, 09:47 PM
Bruce Chang

wrote:

"Bruce Chang" wrote in message
y.com...
[...]

Well, there are a bunch of links on my webpage that address your situation.
The problem is that you can't really do a whole lot now. You can file for
Ebay insurance but the deductable is $25 so if your auction was for less
than $25, you won't get any money back. If you paid with a credit card (not
through paypal) then you can call them and tell them. If you paid via
Paypal, you need to go to the security center link and file a report. Those
links can all be found the website above. At this point, you're trying to
warn others about getting ripped off so hopefully someone in the future will
warn you that something like this might happen to you again. Paypal has
refunded me my money when I got frauded. Sometimes they're happy to help
you, other times, they can be a pain in the butt.

-Bruce

Old November 15th 04, 03:47 PM
magickarle

wrote:

[...]

Hi Bruce, I called my cc company (visa) and they said they can't do a
chargeback because I got nothing againts paypal BUT againts the
seller.
Than should I do a chargeback againts paypal?!
Thanks
Old November 16th 04, 06:35 PM
bri719

magickarle wrote:

Hi Bruce, I called my cc company (visa) and they said they can't do a
chargeback because I got nothing againts paypal BUT againts the
seller.
Than should I do a chargeback againts paypal?!
Thanks

I think I've actually done it before...but I don't know if I'd recommend
it. Paypal could shut down your account if you do.

Frankly I like the convenience of Paypal but I'm seeing drawbacks more
and more. if a seller screws you there really is no recourse, except
for eBay's little insurance policy (not much help if it's not a payment
for eBay auction by the way....). if you're the seller you could get
screwed too.

but worst of all is Paypal's double-dipping on fees. if I'm selling a
$10 auction item, by the time ebay + Paypal get done with it I might be
lucky if I get $8 or $8.50. it almost makes you wonder if you should
just say "money orders only!!". I tend to have done that on big items
in the past as buyer OR seller anyway, just because.

bri

Old November 17th 04, 12:35 PM
Chet Hayes

bri719 wrote in message ...
magickarle wrote:

[...]

There's an important distinction in how you pay for something with a
credit card on Ebay. If the seller accepts credit cards directly,
that is the way to go. If he defrauds you, your credit card company
can be a powerful ally in recovery. If you pay with a credit card
through paypal, the credit card company will do nothing, because their
transaction was with paypal, not the seller and there was no fraud at
that point.

And another thing I learned recently. I made a purchase from Buy.com,
which is a big online retailer. Prior to ordering, I took a quick
look at their Bizrate rating, which had a nice green happy face,
indicating they had a good rating. I trusted Bizrate, since I
frequently get emails from them to do a rating after I have bought
something. Well, it's 4 months later, I don't have the item or my
money. Buy.com gave me the run around all this time, with the last
email stating a credit had been issued, when in fact none has. I now
have my credit card company and the BBB working on it.

So, I went back to Bizrate and took a closer look at the detailed
feedback Buy.com has and was shocked. There are many horror stories
there similar to mine, where products don't show up, orders can't be
cancelled, rebates aren't valid, people get the runaround and can't
get their money back. Yet, the company has a rating of like 86% and a
happy face. Just for comparison, I went in and looked at other
companies like BestBuy or CompUSA. Their rating is similar, but what
I noticed was how different the complaints were. Most of the CompUSA
complaints were for small things, like someone orders online for local
store pick up two hours later, then has to wait while someone in the
store finds it. Or they get a negative for someone complaining that
the price was too high.

The thing I learned was that in using rating services, it's important
to look at some of the recent actual vendor reviews, not just the
summary rating. Had I done that with Buy.com, I never would have
placed the order.