FLASH SUCKS!

Old December 9th 04, 01:29 PM
Jason Medeiros

I don't see anything inherently wrong with Flash (tho it is often used
badly).

yes, that was my point...

Perhaps you should consider a more useful browser?

ok, i'll bite...such as?

--

jmed

Old December 9th 04, 01:50 PM

I think Jason's point is valid. Many of the snowboard eqpt
manufacturer's websites are poorly
designed. They look like they were designed by a kid that thinks
spiffy graphics or flash are
more important than having things organized and easy to find. Even
with a cable modem, I
find that often it takes quite a while to have these things load and
then a lot of times when you
try to backup, something goes wrong.

Besides that, my other complaint is that frequently products are
described with words like
awesome, rocks, cool, or even obscenities, instead of words that could
convey useful descriptive
information to help with product selection. And sometimes the
products are only organized by the
manufacturer's product line names, which, if you don't know what
segment they are oriented to,
are meaningless. I think a lot of these problems would be avoided if
they had some outsiders who
are not familiar with the company's products review the website.
the website

Old December 9th 04, 03:16 PM
Champ

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:29:55 -0700, "Jason Medeiros"
wrote:

I don't see anything inherently wrong with Flash (tho it is often used
badly).

yes, that was my point...

Well, there's a big difference between a technology being inherently
bad, and being used badly.

Perhaps you should consider a more useful browser?

ok, i'll bite...such as?

Oh, you know. That very common one :-)
--
Champ
Old December 9th 04, 03:32 PM
Jason Medeiros

Perhaps you should consider a more useful browser?

ok, i'll bite...such as?

Oh, you know. That very common one :-)
--
Champ

riiiiiiiight. there is no bigger POS browser out there. when i used it
exclusively, it would crash daily. i switched to mozilla and had no
crashes. now, w firefox, i am somewhere in the middle. firefox is not
quite as stable nor is it as quick as the orig mozilla.

--

jmed

Old December 9th 04, 08:09 PM
Dmitry

"Drug Buddy" wrote

Besides that, my other complaint is that frequently products are
described with words like
awesome, rocks, cool, or even obscenities, instead of words that could
convey useful descriptive
information to help with product selection. And sometimes the
products are only organized by the
manufacturer's product line names, which, if you don't know what
segment they are oriented to,
are meaningless.

I think that's worth repeating.

Not really. Don't assume people who made those sites are stupid.
They're probably not. You're basically complaining that most people
who buy sports equipment don't know squat about it and are lured in
by flashy web site and statements that products are "cool".

You can either vote with your dollar and get equipment from people who
are not going after this crowd, or ignore the BS and try those
products for yourself and make your own conclusions (and/or listen to
what experienced pepole say).

Old December 9th 04, 08:33 PM
bri719

Drug Buddy wrote:

I think that's worth repeating.

you can say that again ;-)

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old December 9th 04, 10:25 PM
Champ

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:32:01 -0700, "Jason Medeiros"
wrote:

Perhaps you should consider a more useful browser?

ok, i'll bite...such as?

Oh, you know. That very common one :-)
--
Champ

riiiiiiiight. there is no bigger POS browser out there. when i used it
exclusively, it would crash daily. i switched to mozilla and had no
crashes. now, w firefox, i am somewhere in the middle. firefox is not
quite as stable nor is it as quick as the orig mozilla.

Well, I really don't have the appetite for a MS vs the world usenet
argument, and I doubt you have either. But I use IE all day every
day, and I can't remember the last time it crashed. Still, your
mileage varies, so lets leave it there.
--
Champ
Old December 9th 04, 10:27 PM
Champ

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:09:52 GMT, "Dmitry"
wrote:

"Drug Buddy" wrote

Besides that, my other complaint is that frequently products are
described with words like
awesome, rocks, cool, or even obscenities, instead of words that could
convey useful descriptive
information to help with product selection. And sometimes the
products are only organized by the
manufacturer's product line names, which, if you don't know what
segment they are oriented to,
are meaningless.

I think that's worth repeating.

Not really. Don't assume people who made those sites are stupid.
They're probably not. You're basically complaining that most people
who buy sports equipment don't know squat about it and are lured in
by flashy web site and statements that products are "cool".

Exactly. The buying demographic for snowboards is still very young.
I'd be very suprised if their marketing (and a web site *is*
marketing) appealed to someone like me.
--
Champ