Carving on flat boards

Old October 21st 11, 05:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default Carving on flat boards

In article
,
twobuddha wrote:

On Oct 20, 9:40*pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:34:44 AM UTC-7, snowbender wrote:
If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

Carving: "Tails follow Tips," which has nothing to do with the boards
are flat or not.

Actually this is a simple matter of physics (again), and you have failed.
*Alan is 100% right. *But, your monstrous ego will of course require you to
say that you know better then what most stoned-out college freshmen in a
physics 101 course can very easily master. This should be common sense to
you, TaiCheese.

Granted, Ichie is weird, but at least he isn't a lying piece of ****
stalking coward. Like Baker and Chris Henrikson. IDAHO PUSSY
PARTY!!!! WHISTLER!!!!!

I haven't lied. I haven't stalked anyone, Scottie.

Replying to you here--even telling you the world would be a better place
without you in it--doesn't meet the definition.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old October 21st 11, 05:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

On Oct 20, 4:08 pm, pigo wrote:
On Oct 20, 11:02 am, Alan Baker wrote:

In article
,

snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

You were on a cat track.

You can carve on a flat ski in a straight line. Oh yeah, it would have
to be straight too.

That would be straightlining, as there's no turning force evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOMaK3P4Ac

You cannot carve on a "flat ski" as it is known in
skiing. A "flat ski" is on it's base. No edge. No edge? No carve.

"That is only your little knowledge," narrow definition, narrow
technique.

"Tails follow Tips," I called this carving,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtP68BDeEo4

snowbender

You can call a pig an "eagle"...

....but it still can't fly.

Old October 21st 11, 06:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

On Oct 20, 1:13 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

Did you see that he pushed the ski to make "bow" out of the ski @1:14?
That's only reason that skis carve; edges only make the carving
"sharper." Flat board carving carves with the "bow" of the skis, so
you know only one way without knowing the other.

No. Flatboarding skids. Period.

That is only your little knowledge,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDsmw13aC4

No, in the first two hours, an "absolute beginner" would have no idea
what a "carving turn" is. And are you saying that you taught an

That's why they need instruction.

No, it's a bad instruction.

It would be for most students, I agree.

"absolute beginner" beginning with "carving turn"? What kind of

No, I didn't say that at all. We ended with it.

Are you sure those were "carving turns"? Let's hear it, how did it go?

It went fine.

instructor are you? Nevertheless, your two-hour "absolute beginner"
was carving but mine isn't, way to go, terminal L1.

That would be Level I INSTRUCTOR, which puts me several grades above you.

:-)

Nevertheless, terminal L1.

And what are your qualifications?

Old October 21st 11, 06:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
twobuddha wrote:

On Oct 20, 1:06*pm, down_hill wrote:
Alan Baker wrote:

I can teach a beginner to carve on a cat track the first day they ski.

Day dreaming? Or psycho talks? You cannot even teach them to ski the
first day.

I can and have taught people to make carved turns in the first two hours
that they've ever been on skis. That is unusual for an absolute
beginner, I admit... ...but I've done it.

You need a MESL dictionary to realize he is right also the world is
shaped like a cube which explains loon2 aka snowfake view on physics and
dynamics.

can we fast forward on 30 or so *yes/no argument e-mails?

thanks

Do they get books and novels in canada, & does TV still come to you on
betamax or have they started broadcasting in real time yet?

Holy ****. An illiterate idiot taking cheap shots. RSA......

Do you even realize that words have meanings?

Old October 21st 11, 12:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

On Oct 20, 1:06 pm, wrote:
Alan Baker wrote:

I can teach a beginner to carve on a cat track the first day they ski.

Day dreaming? Or psycho talks? You cannot even teach them to ski the
first day.

What loon2 means is he was unable to ski in one day so nobody else can
either. It is not possible for any one to "best" him. I believe that the
more loon2 posts it proves that the statements he makes fit him better
than anyone else. More so his claim that none of us can understand or
see and we are wearing blinders fits him to such a T that you could only
think he was referring to himself or the foundry used him as the mold to
cast that image.

I can and have taught people to make carved turns in the first two hours
that they've ever been on skis. That is unusual for an absolute
beginner, I admit... ...but I've done it.

You need a MESL dictionary to realize he is right also the world is
shaped like a cube which explains loon2 aka snowfake view on physics and
dynamics.

can we fast forward on 30 or so yes/no argument e-mails?

thanks

Do they get books and novels in canada,& does TV still come to you on
betamax or have they started broadcasting in real time yet?

Holy ****. An illiterate idiot taking cheap shots. RSA......

Do you even realize that words have meanings?

By the what the loons have posted proves
both of the loons have no comprehension of english words.
so really why do you bother it turns out the same way every time.
how many times do you need to do the same thing and get the same result?
Old October 21st 11, 01:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 9:40 pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:34:44 AM UTC-7, snowbender wrote:
If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

Carving: "Tails follow Tips," which has nothing to do with the boards
are flat or not.

Actually this is a simple matter of physics (again), and you have failed. Alan is 100% right. But, your monstrous ego will of course require you to say that you know better then what most stoned-out college freshmen in a physics 101 course can very easily master. This should be common sense to you, TaiCheese.

That's how a flightless turkey knows; what do you know about alan's
100% again?

snowbender
Old October 21st 11, 01:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 9:48 pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:01:18 PM UTC-7, snowbender wrote:
I called this carving,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtP68BDeEo4

You called it wrong.

Only to a flightless turkey.

snowbender
Old October 21st 11, 01:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 11:37 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:
On Oct 20, 1:13 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

That is only your little knowledge,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDsmw13aC4

You cannot tell the difference between slipping turn tracks and
skidding turn tracks, which is what makes you a little knowledge.

No, it's a bad instruction.

It would be for most students, I agree.

That would be bad instruction for any "absolute beginner."

Are you sure those were "carving turns"? Let's hear it, how did it go?

It went fine.

Or your little knowledge psycho talks?

Nevertheless, terminal L1.

And what are your qualifications?

Taich Skiing, unlimited?

snowbender

Old October 21st 11, 01:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 10:51 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

That would be straightlining, as there's no turning force evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOMaK3P4Ac

"That is only your little knowledge," narrow definition, narrow
technique.

"Tails follow Tips," I called this carving,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtP68BDeEo4

snowbender

You can call a pig an "eagle"...

...but it still can't fly.

It flies alright, just the pig on the ground cannot tell,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FukmZfXDPSM

snowbender

Old October 21st 11, 05:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 20, 8:52*pm, snowbender
wrote:
On Oct 20, 6:33 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

*snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

You were on a cat track.

You can carve on a flat ski in a straight line. Oh yeah, it would have
to be straight too.

That would be straightlining, as there's no turning force evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOMaK3P4Ac

You cannot carve on a "flat ski" as it is known in
skiing. A "flat ski" is on it's base. No edge. No edge? No carve.

"That is only your little knowledge," narrow definition, narrow
technique.

"Tails follow Tips," I called this carving,

Ah, yes, the famous straight-line carve, followed by the skidded turn.

That is only to say that you don't know what a "slipped turn" is, so
you too only know one way without knowing the other. Small domain
makes small knowledge.

snowbender

SO where was the "carving"?

slolam/carving Norm Snowboarding 2 February 24th 06 04:01 PM
Length on carving ski Hallgeir Alpine Skiing 2 November 2nd 04 01:42 AM
Carving photos WeatherCam Snowboarding 4 January 8th 04 08:36 PM
Alpine/Carving/Slalom Boards Gregory Michael Snowboarding 8 December 20th 03 12:09 AM
Info Carving Ski ... help me ! Marco Alpine Skiing 4 November 1st 03 07:49 PM