Knee integrity

Old November 10th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

Default Knee integrity

Evojeesus wrote:
On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, VtSkier wrote:

The key is keeping leg muscles
honed so they can take up the slack the
(67 year old) knees need to function.

Absolutely...I think you're going to love them exoskeletons

It'll be a while yet before I consider
such a crutch. However, if they assist
me in skiing the OMG steep icy crap we
have around here, I might bite.

But not yet.
Old November 10th 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

The Real Bev wrote:
Bob F wrote:

nogodforme wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:27 pm, Evojeesus wrote:
On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, VtSkier wrote:

The key is keeping leg muscles
honed so they can take up the slack the
(67 year old) knees need to function.

Absolutely...I think you're going to love them exoskeletons

Bike riding.
Cable water skiing (I live in South Florida)
Squats

Went jogging last week and popped my right knee. Had an MRI done,
waiting for the results. This has me bummed. I need to work out but
my knee is still sore.
I'm going to Park City December 5th. No more running for me.
I'll stick to bike riding and cable water skiing.

What is cable water skiing"?

Watching it on TV?

Nice!! Now you owe me a keyboard.
Old November 10th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

pigo wrote:

I just skied them into shape. At 55 they hurt like hell sometimes now
but I don't know if there was anything I could do about that.

Youngster ...
Old November 10th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

VtSkier wrote:

It'll be a while yet before I consider
such a crutch. However, if they assist
me in skiing the OMG steep icy crap we
have around here, I might bite.

Feh. It's not ice unless it's clear enough to see a fish through it.

//Walt
Old November 10th 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Gonar the Incontinent

On Nov 9, 4:14*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
Bob F wrote:
nogodforme wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:27 pm, Evojeesus wrote:
On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, VtSkier wrote:

The key is keeping leg muscles
honed so they can take up the slack the
(67 year old) knees need to function.

Absolutely...I think you're going to love them exoskeletons

Bike riding.
Cable water skiing (I live in South Florida)
Squats

Went jogging last week and popped my right knee. * *Had an MRI done,
waiting for the results. * This has me bummed. *I need to work out but
my knee is still sore.
I'm going to Park City December 5th. * * No more running for me.
I'll stick to bike riding and cable water skiing.

What is cable water skiing"?

Watching it on TV?

Nice. But I think he's talking about water skiing wherein you use an
overhead cable system to pull you across the water. I have seen
pictures of such things, but never tried it. I do my waterskiing the
old school way.
Old November 10th 09, 04:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Gonar the Incontinent

On Nov 9, 5:25*am, RogueIT wrote:
Tanks. *I use glucosamine, yoga (though not necessarily for my knees),
and a steady workout schedule to keep my joints strong.

I also make it a point to always fall forwards when skiing. And I
don't do huge air. Except when I fart.

what yoga moves target the knees?

Yoga moves don't target the knees, but if done correctly don't put the
knees in a compromised position. I use it mostly to keep limber, as
tightness in my hamstrings, et. al. leads to unnecessary stresses on
the rest of me.
Old November 10th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

It'll be a while yet before I consider
such a crutch. However, if they assist
me in skiing the OMG steep icy crap we
have around here, I might bite.

Feh. It's not ice unless it's clear enough to see a fish through it.

We westerners aren't that picky. It's not ice if you can push it out
of the way.

When I was back east, ice was something you could see through 4 inches of.

Old November 10th 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

VtSkier wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, VtSkier wrote:

The key is keeping leg muscles
honed so they can take up the slack the
(67 year old) knees need to function.

Absolutely...I think you're going to love them exoskeletons

It'll be a while yet before I consider
such a crutch. However, if they assist
me in skiing the OMG steep icy crap we
have around here, I might bite.

But not yet.

Do you think they would make me be able to jump in volleyball? Maybe I'm
interested.

Old November 10th 09, 06:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Bob F wrote:
nogodforme wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:27 pm, Evojeesus wrote:
On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, VtSkier wrote:

The key is keeping leg muscles
honed so they can take up the slack the
(67 year old) knees need to function.
Absolutely...I think you're going to love them exoskeletons

Bike riding.
Cable water skiing (I live in South Florida)
Squats

Went jogging last week and popped my right knee. Had an MRI done,
waiting for the results. This has me bummed. I need to work out but
my knee is still sore.
I'm going to Park City December 5th. No more running for me.
I'll stick to bike riding and cable water skiing.

What is cable water skiing"?

A lake with a big cable running round it a few metres above the surface.
Dangling down from this is a rope that the water skier hangs on to while
s/he is dragged round the lake. A bit like a horizontal button lift...
Old November 10th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NoGodForMe[_2_]

I'll stick to bike riding and cable water skiing.

What is cable water skiing"?

A lake with a big cable running round it a few metres above the surface.
Dangling down from this is a rope that the water skier hangs on to while
s/he is dragged round the lake. A bit like a horizontal button lift...

Correct. Here's the web site of the place I visit.
http://www.skirixenusa.com/

Google the term "Cable Water Skiing" and you can find web sites and
search YouTube videos of people doing it.
Here's a nice video of a place in Australia. You can see how it's
done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DdsBeS4v_4

Wakeboarding and regular water skiing has the same feeling of what is
found on snow. Just that you're moving along a flat surface (water)
instead of down a hill. Works the quads really good, mine burn
after a visit to Quiet Waters. We're lucky down here in South
Florida, temps are still in the 80s and the water is warm. I plan on
going to Quiet Waters this weekend to test my knee.

knee update xx down_hill Alpine Skiing 3 August 17th 06 02:29 AM
Knee Protecting Bindings Dwight Alpine Skiing 7 March 18th 05 06:02 PM
Skiing after knee reconstruction paul j Alpine Skiing 23 December 20th 04 07:02 PM
Knee injury while *standing still* - well, almost. FGreen General 7 March 4th 04 12:57 PM
Chester Bullock's "Integrity" scottabe Alpine Skiing 0 September 15th 03 02:47 PM