Heli Trip Report

Old January 28th 04, 02:58 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Default Heli Trip Report

An awesome trip:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/C2004.html

Mike... 8J

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem

Old January 28th 04, 09:55 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-28, Let Mikey Ski It! penned:
An awesome trip:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/C2004.html

Mike... 8J

Inspiring! Thanks for sharing the photos.

--
monique

Old January 28th 04, 04:28 PM
MattB

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:
An awesome trip:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/C2004.html

Mike... 8J

Awesome. I need to do that. Bad.

Matt

Old January 28th 04, 04:47 PM
lal_truckee

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:

An awesome trip:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/C2004.html

nice - but why is there a road in the heli wilderness? as in "Nice turns
Linda! But, WATCH OUT for that ... ... road."

Old January 28th 04, 05:46 PM
MattB

lal_truckee wrote:
Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:

An awesome trip:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/C2004.html

nice - but why is there a road in the heli wilderness? as in "Nice
turns Linda! But, WATCH OUT for that ... ... road."

Just a guess, but logging or mining? He also mentioned a mine shaft and a
clear cut area with stumps. Maybe it was dual purpose...

Matt

Old January 29th 04, 02:58 AM
SkaredShtles

"MattB" wrote in news:bv8nvt$osnkh$1@ID-
86156.news.uni-berlin.de:

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:
An awesome trip:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Canada2004/C2004.html

Mike... 8J

Awesome. I need to do that. Bad.

Coooome to Silverton...... cooooooooooooome to Silverton. I'll bet with
the San Juan Snowcats day *you* too could be the model in pictures authored
by our own Mikey.

-T.O.M.-

Old January 29th 04, 04:03 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

lal_truckee wrote:

nice - but why is there a road in the heli wilderness? as in "Nice turns
Linda! But, WATCH OUT for that ... ... road."

Logging. That one road had a particularly large drop onto it. (I do not
recall skiing across many roads - they must drag felled trees down the
hill). The road was near the bottom of the valley but surprising.

Thanks all. Glad you enjoyed the pics. I do this mainly to capture the
memories so I can relive them often. Schwing.

Mike...

Old January 29th 04, 04:13 AM
AstroPax

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:03:53 CST, "Let Mikey Ski It!"
wrote:

Logging. That one road had a particularly large drop onto it. (I do not
recall skiing across many roads - they must drag felled trees down the
hill). The road was near the bottom of the valley but surprising.

So, let me get this straight. You pay $, to helo-ski, on logging
roads?

BTW, very nice shots.

-Astro

--
AstroPax Photography
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astropax/index.htm

Old January 29th 04, 09:33 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

AstroPax wrote:

So, let me get this straight. You pay $, to helo-ski, on logging
roads?

Yes. By my count, we crossed one road for every 15 miles of vertical.

BTW, very nice shots.

Thanks. BTW, I said "what the heck" and had my D100 out all day on the -10F
days. The camera got extremely cold (as did my toes). No problems (except
with the toes). I was too worried and did not take the 70-200 VR since I
really do not know how that thing works internally.

Mike...