Scandanavian Nordic sports magazines?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 17th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

Default Scandanavian Nordic sports magazines?

Anyone know of any? Website links? I see there's Langrenn.com. Do any
have english versions?

I'd like to see a magazine (or site) that shows the whole range of
Nordic sport and culture.

I remember when I was a ski racer back in the mid-80's a pal loaned me
a pile of Scandi XC ski mags...they blew me away. I wonder if seeing
such things would still be impressive. I suppose it's a bit like how
we used to not be able to get any bike racing news here in the US so
the buffs would subscribe to Mirroir.

Now I know we can get XC race news today online quite easily but I'm
wondering if the Scandi media still cover a certain aspect that Nor Am
media/websites tend to neglect. Maybe the wider Nordic picture. ? For
instance, I remember thinking it was cool that the Scandi XC mags
included Jumping right in equally with XC.

What else could they include? Maybe the Nordic Skating or Sparks.
Maybe a more cultured/serious approach to Touring. ? I don't know. I
haven't seen such mags in eons.

If anyone had a pile they could loan or sell to me -- if they seemed
to fit this bill -- that might also be cool.

Thanks, JP

Magazines for sale Walt Alpine Skiing 3 September 12th 06 10:47 PM
Nordic Magazines Paul Cromey Nordic Skiing 3 January 5th 06 02:24 PM
Got my Oct Silent Sports! Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 0 October 6th 04 04:34 PM
Snowboard Magazines Geoff Snowboarding 15 April 6th 04 05:52 PM
Ski Magazines Ste Smith European Ski Resorts 18 October 12th 03 06:25 PM