It's snowing someplace...but where?

Old April 22nd 04, 05:04 AM
Mike T

Default It's snowing someplace...but where?

I'm in Wash. DC and I caught the end of a news report and it was
snowing and the news showed snowboarders...

all I caught was Mount XXXXX

Sounded like Mount Hood or so...but I didn't really here, so I that's
probably not it.

Yep - Mt Hood -

www.timberlinelodge.com
www.skihood.com

I'm going riding in the AM!

Old April 22nd 04, 08:02 AM
Switters

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 05:04:53 GMT, "Mike T" allegedly
wrote:

I'm going riding in the AM!

Sometimes Mike, you just don't make any friends do you? :-(

Lucky dawg. Enjoy.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old April 22nd 04, 11:19 AM
PJ4LIFE

Welp, LUCKY U.. Riding in the Hood must make it all good! Enjoy!! Wish I was
riding today. This is Live on the Divide camera up in the Colorado Mtns and
it's going to be storming quite nice this week! Hope to get 1 more day in at
Breckenridge since they close this week. Then, It's all about A-Basin for
May baby... Peace

http://9news.com/9live/divide9.asp

Old April 22nd 04, 09:04 PM
Mike T

Welp, LUCKY U.. Riding in the Hood must make it all good! Enjoy!! Wish I
was
riding today. This is Live on the Divide camera up in the Colorado Mtns

and
it's going to be storming quite nice this week! Hope to get 1 more day in

at
Breckenridge since they close this week. Then, It's all about A-Basin for
May baby... Peace

Won't A-Basin be open at least into June?

Old April 23rd 04, 01:30 AM
PJ4LIFE

Well, they stay open as late as possible. Last year I think they made it til
the middle of June. After tonights storm (Expect 1 + feet in the mtns) that
should help things out. I'll prob go to Breck for their last day on Sunday.
Then I'll ride basin all thru may. It's still fun but the whole bottom half
of the mtn is pretty much just a small path of snow to get down. The top is
where the snow is and they usually have a few nice hits and sliders so
that's fun. Been working on my rails this season. I'm pretty confortable
with some of the Rails at Breckenride. RIDE ON

Old April 23rd 04, 04:40 AM
Chris Stringer

I just need to tell you all that the past few days have been some of
the best of the entire season here at Mt. Bachelor in Bend, Oregon.
We have received nearly 2 feet of light fluffy snow, there are no
crowds because it's midweek, and there are hits everywhere. The sun
finally came back out today and it's warming up now, so things are
getting mushy. But man... what a blast the past few days have been.

I can honestly say that yesterday may have been one of the best days I
have had snowboarding EVER, and I have ridden many days in my life so
that's saying a lot!

Chris Stringer
RDCShop.com Online Board Shop
Bend Ski and Board Sport
1009 NW Galveston
Bend, OR 97701
Email:
Web:
http://www.rdcshop.com
Fax: 541.389.4667
Local Phone: 541.389.4667
Toll Free Phone: 1.877.BEND.SKI

**Offering FREE shipping on orders over $175 within the US**
Old April 23rd 04, 11:44 AM
PJ4LIFE

Wow, sounds like a great Time! I'll have to go to the websites and check out
some of those powder shots.. I'm still waiting on our snow report to see how
much of the good stuff we got last night...
m...

Old April 23rd 04, 11:50 AM
PJ4LIFE

After checking the website I must say I'm impressed! Looks like an awesome
mtn! Said it was rated in the top 10 snowboard resorts by transworld! Enjoy
the rest of the season.

Old April 26th 04, 12:45 PM
Dean

Mike T wrote:

Won't A-Basin be open at least into June?

The scheduled closing date is July 4.

I just returned from A-Basin. The fresh snow on Friday was wonderful. It was
quite an experience for my first trip to a mountain. Life at around 12,500 feet
was a new and interesting experience for a person accustomed to 800' above sea
level.

Dean

Old April 26th 04, 04:10 PM
Dean

A-Basin and Loveland, both in Colorado, are open and are receiving new
snow.

Dean