DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Old August 14th 03, 09:17 PM
pigo

Default TLAs was: DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

Lost?

Who's president?

Gore got 500,000 more votes than Bush in the popular vote. It's
only because of the Electoral College, an outmoded 18th-century
instititution, that little Boo-Boo won. (I won't mention the outmoded
20th-century voting machines.) Plus, if you count the Nader votes as
well, there are decidedly more of us pinko liberals than there are of
you conversatives! Now how do you figure that?

But you don't get to change it after the fact if it suits you better. If
that's the way you feel, why isn't there a movement to make it popular
vote?
Look at map of where Bush was supported and where Gore was. Very
telling. There's also some very interesting statistics that go with it
that have been posted here before. Anyone have those?

It's time for the EC to go. The Founders put it in there as a check

on
the popular will. They wanted the electors to be able to override an
election if they didn't like the candidate. Needless to say, no one
thinks that way anymore. All the Electoral College does nowadays is
divide the states into "battleground states" which candidates have to
pander to, and "safe states" which they can ignore. Yuck. Chuck it.

But you want to wait until after the election, right? You wouldn't want
to change it then have GWB win that way would you? OH! Wait! I suppose
you could just change it back if that happened. Whatever it takes?

Old August 14th 03, 09:21 PM
pigo

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
newstS_a.1663$QT5.180@fed1read02...

"BrritSki" wrote in message

I think Dan Quayle(TM) has trademarked the e, for use with potato at
least.

That would qualify for a patent, since the use it is not obvious to

someone
skilled in the art.

I heard somewhere that there was more to the story than what the media
uses to jump all over DQ. Multiple excepted spellings and something
about an example that was out of camera range. I forget exactly, not
that important, except to those that need it to hold up to 22% interest
rates and lying under oath and that sort of thing.

Old August 14th 03, 09:27 PM
pigo

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
newsBS_a.1666$QT5.235@fed1read02...

"pigo" wrote in message

"klaus" wrote in message

Frankin was the least funny person ever on SNL. And has gotten even

less
funny as he has switched to his new career as a politician.

I must warn you. Al Franken has stated that he has trademarked the

term
"funny".

Do you think he really does, or is he just pulling a clinton?

And I'm a BushHater?

I don't remember you being transparently so. As I explained before, that
term is for those that would welcome negative things for the country if
that's what it takes for Bush to fail. Not just those that disagree.

Old August 14th 03, 09:31 PM
Richard Henry

"pigo" wrote in message

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

Lost?

Who's president?

Reminds me of what Sadam said after HIS takeover.

Old August 14th 03, 09:32 PM
Richard Henry

"BrritSki" wrote in message

I think Dan Quayle(TM) has trademarked the e, for use with potato at
least.

That would qualify for a patent, since the use it is not obvious to

someone
skilled in the art.

I heard somewhere that there was more to the story than what the media
uses to jump all over DQ. Multiple excepted spellings and something
about an example that was out of camera range. I forget exactly, not
that important, except to those that need it to hold up to 22% interest
rates and lying under oath and that sort of thing.

Did you mean "accepted"?

Old August 14th 03, 09:38 PM
BrritSki

"BrritSki" wrote in message

I think Dan Quayle(TM) has trademarked the e, for use with potato at
least.

That would qualify for a patent, since the use it is not obvious to

someone
skilled in the art.

I heard somewhere that there was more to the story than what the media
uses to jump all over DQ. Multiple excepted spellings and something
about an example that was out of camera range. I forget exactly, not
that important, except to those that need it to hold up to 22% interest
rates and lying under oath and that sort of thing.

Did you mean "accepted"?

I except he did. ROFL.

Old August 14th 03, 09:55 PM
klaus

pigo wrote:
I'm sure he hates it when the tables turn that way. They usually do.

Yes, I'm sure he's hating his book going from number 800 to number 1
all due to the time and effort that Fox is making him waste.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...276855-2157647.

-klaus

Old August 15th 03, 12:00 AM
lal_truckee

klaus wrote:

pigo wrote:

"klaus" wrote in message

dOOd.... there is more to politics than pro-bush or anti-bush. Your
argument shows the complete lack of logic and black/white fallacy
employed by the probush camp.

Speaking of neatly trimmed (as in below); there is nothing in my post to
suggest that politics is pro or anti- Bush. Only in the editing to make
it appear so.

Dunno.. just seems like everytime anything comes up, you use this big
brush, where one side is black(probush) and the other side is
white(bushhaters). I'm just waiting for you to somehow link
snowboarding to the BushHaters....

I hate all politicians equally. May the pox take them all, with their
campaign funds.

Old August 15th 03, 01:52 AM
Dave Stallard

pigo wrote:

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

Lost?

Who's president?

Gore got 500,000 more votes than Bush in the popular vote. It's
only because of the Electoral College, an outmoded 18th-century
instititution, that little Boo-Boo won. (I won't mention the outmoded
20th-century voting machines.) Plus, if you count the Nader votes as
well, there are decidedly more of us pinko liberals than there are of
you conversatives! Now how do you figure that?

But you don't get to change it after the fact if it suits you better. If
that's the way you feel, why isn't there a movement to make it popular
vote?

There is, but it would require a constitutional amendment to do that,
and constitutional amendments are hard to ratify. You'd have to get the
support of smaller states as well, and they see the EC as giving them
more clout. So I guess it won't happen. Sigh.

Electoral vote contradicting the popular vote happens very rarely. The
last time was sometime in the 19th century.

But you want to wait until after the election, right? You wouldn't want
to change it then have GWB win that way would you? OH! Wait! I suppose
you could just change it back if that happened. Whatever it takes?

I am QUITE sure that if the shoe had been on the other foot, you would
have been yammering about how the will of the people had been denied,
and what was this Electoral College thing anyway. Basically, the
election was a tie, with a slight edge to Gore.

Dave