bamboo boards!

Old March 27th 06, 02:39 AM

Default bamboo boards!

Ive been looking for a new board i prefer a board with a wood topsheet
they look great and i get sick of looking at a graphics designed by a
12 year old ,if you know of some smaller companies let me know i am
already familiar to arbor thanks.grg.

Old March 27th 06, 02:47 AM

Also i found this company in europe that builds bamboo boards , i
wonder if they ride as great as they look?check out the stainless steel
wrap nose and tail ,pure art.
what do you think about bamboo in snowboards?
www.indigosnow.de

Old March 27th 06, 03:26 AM

Ive been looking for a new board i prefer a board with a wood topsheet
they look great and i get sick of looking at a graphics designed by a
12 year old ,if you know of some smaller companies let me know i am
already familiar to arbor thanks.grg.

Donek's "clear" topsheet shows the wood. It's a very different look from
the Arbor. Arbor's are more "finished" and Donek's is more "raw". But
still nice looking.

Mike T

Old March 27th 06, 08:08 PM

In article .com,
wrote:

Also i found this company in europe that builds bamboo boards , i
wonder if they ride as great as they look?check out the stainless steel
wrap nose and tail ,pure art.
what do you think about bamboo in snowboards?
www.indigosnow.de

Hi,

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and am going assume that is a
pure coincidence that you asked about small snowboard companies with
natural wood appearance in a thread you, yourself titled "bamboo boards!"

And then direct people to a link that sells "bamboo boards!" that are
"pure art."

Personally, I think Arbor makes the prettiest snowboards in the world,
but:

1) they don't make a huge, stiff, wide board like my Canyon 173.

2) When I ride, I don't look down and if I did, I'd see a snowboard
covered with powder

3) when my board isn't covered with snow, it looks like some one threw
it out of an airplane and it landed shiny side down.

Curmudgeonly Yours,

Dave
Old March 27th 06, 11:01 PM

Ive been looking for a new board i prefer a board with a wood topsheet

Where are you from?
In Germany there is Noname
http://www.noname-snowboards.com/content/index.htm
They build custom boards, and I guess (no experience with them) with
clear top sheet as well.

Greats,
~René
Old March 28th 06, 02:00 AM

NO i dont work for anyone thank you very much but im really curious
about this bamboo thing,its sustainable blah blah blah etc etc ..you
know where im going with it and i am looking forward to hearing how it
performs and links to ethically made boards.
Not only did i find a bamboo skateboard but a bamboo surfboard both
made in australia.

Old March 28th 06, 02:20 AM

November Snowboards is based out of Minnesota and they have a wood
topsheet - really nice looking boards and they back'em with a warranty
for 3 years. I strongly suggest you check them out. They are a small
company and only produce a certain number every year. Otherwise Arbor
makes some nice wood topsheet boards as well. They tend to be a little
heavier than November boards from my experience.

Old March 28th 06, 05:49 AM

You found the link? good! didn't want to leave to many links i look
like a employ hired to write reviews for the company on eopinion or a
producer who writes a review on IMDB some of the reviews look a little
to good .
Those bamboo boards are 1200 bucks way over my limit for a board but
those november or doneks are around 450 thats less than a burton
,pretty nice.
grg.

Old April 6th 06, 02:09 AM

Boards with wood topsheets don't weigh any more than the
others......most, if not all boards have wood cores. Most just choose
fiberglass topsheets because they are easier to attach graphics too and
frankly it makes more sense because it costs less and why cover
something as beautiful as wood if you don't have to? Arbor boards
are a little heavier like I said earlier, but they're also wider. The
majority are made for larger men or those with big feet.

To the guy who bought the Sector 9 - way to go. I used to work for
Quiksilver Boardriders' Club and they sold them so I spoke with some of
the Sector 9 reps and it was pretty sweet. I bought the Bomb Hills Not
Countries(with the old graphics) board....it's part of the platinum
series. Nice board, great carving. It's a super fun way to ride
similarly to snowboarding in the summer. Did you buy the pintail or
one of the shorter bamboo boards? They were pretty popular - we always
had back orders on them.