Does anyone recommend a good ski shop in Birmingham / Coventry (UK) area

Old October 2nd 03, 04:45 PM
Yello snow

Default Does anyone recommend a good ski shop in Birmingham / Coventry (UK) area

Guys,

As the subject line suggests I'm looking for a good ski boot fitter in
the West Midlands, perferably in the Birmingham / Coventry area. So
does anyone know of a reputable shop?

Thanks

Yello.

Old October 2nd 03, 08:28 PM
pigo

"Yello snow" wrote in message
m...
Guys,

As the subject line suggests I'm looking for a good ski boot fitter in
the West Midlands, perferably in the Birmingham / Coventry area. So
does anyone know of a reputable shop?

Thanks

I don't, personally. But my bil lives in Brandon and works in Coventry,
just thought I'd say hi. I enjoy visiting there.

pigo

Old October 3rd 03, 06:45 AM
BrritSki

Yello snow wrote:

Guys,

As the subject line suggests I'm looking for a good ski boot fitter in
the West Midlands, perferably in the Birmingham / Coventry area. So
does anyone know of a reputable shop?

The Midland's Ski Club used to use someone in Leamington I think. I just
tried to check but their website is gone so I've emailed some of the
former members I knwo. I'll let you know if/when I hear something.

ALso X-poseted to rsre.

Old October 3rd 03, 02:57 PM
BrritSki

BrritSki wrote:

Yello snow wrote:

Guys,

As the subject line suggests I'm looking for a good ski boot fitter in
the West Midlands, perferably in the Birmingham / Coventry area. So
does anyone know of a reputable shop?

The Midland's Ski Club used to use someone in Leamington I think. I just
tried to check but their website is gone so I've emailed some of the
former members I knwo. I'll let you know if/when I hear something.

Try http://www.midlandski.org.uk/

Bootfitters were Lockwoods.

Old October 7th 03, 10:41 PM
Yello snow

"pigo" wrote in message ...
"Yello snow" wrote in message
m...
Guys,

As the subject line suggests I'm looking for a good ski boot fitter in
the West Midlands, perferably in the Birmingham / Coventry area. So
does anyone know of a reputable shop?

Thanks

I don't, personally. But my bil lives in Brandon and works in Coventry,
just thought I'd say hi. I enjoy visiting there.

pigo

Me and my other half thought of buying a house in Brandon, settled in
Earlsdon (cheaper and with more pubs etc). I'm glad you enjoy
visiting, Coventry gets a bad rap!

Old October 8th 03, 12:12 AM
Paul

Definitely Lockwoods (http://www.lockwoodsoutdoor.co.uk/) on the outskirts
of Leamington Spa. Excellent boot fitters (both ski and walking) and a
decent range of other ski and outdoor clothing and kit. Don't go to get
boots on the weekend if you can possibly avoid it. During the week you can
book an appointment (which is definitely a good idea). Weekends, they do a
deli-style grab-a-ticket-and-wait system in which case you'd better plan for
an all-day visit!

Probably the best boot fitters this side of Precision Ski in Val d'Isere
(IMHO)

Paul

Old October 8th 03, 01:57 PM
pigo

"Yello snow" wrote in message
om...

Me and my other half thought of buying a house in Brandon, settled in
Earlsdon (cheaper and with more pubs etc). I'm glad you enjoy
visiting, Coventry gets a bad rap!

He's got a pretty good one right down the street (you only need *one*
good one). And he's right around the corner from that sprawling hotel
there.

Coventry had it's seedier parts but also some interesting history. When
you're on holiday with family, it's all good. Next time we head that
way, maybe we can have a cold (relatively) one. We do it every year or
so.

Old October 10th 03, 02:16 AM
Yello snow

"pigo" wrote in message ...
"Yello snow" wrote in message
om...

Me and my other half thought of buying a house in Brandon, settled in
Earlsdon (cheaper and with more pubs etc). I'm glad you enjoy
visiting, Coventry gets a bad rap!

He's got a pretty good one right down the street (you only need *one*
good one). And he's right around the corner from that sprawling hotel
there.

Coventry had it's seedier parts but also some interesting history. When
you're on holiday with family, it's all good. Next time we head that
way, maybe we can have a cold (relatively) one. We do it every year or
so.

That would be cool - just SHOUT :-)

Old October 10th 03, 02:19 AM
Yello snow

"Paul" wrote in message et...
Definitely Lockwoods (http://www.lockwoodsoutdoor.co.uk/) on the outskirts
of Leamington Spa. Excellent boot fitters (both ski and walking) and a
decent range of other ski and outdoor clothing and kit. Don't go to get
boots on the weekend if you can possibly avoid it. During the week you can
book an appointment (which is definitely a good idea). Weekends, they do a
deli-style grab-a-ticket-and-wait system in which case you'd better plan for
an all-day visit!

Probably the best boot fitters this side of Precision Ski in Val d'Isere
(IMHO)

Paul

Sounds good to me! I'll most probably give them a call and book an
appointment mid week - thanks for the tip.