Best rates/contacts for lodging in Switzerland?

Old December 5th 03, 08:15 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Default Best rates/contacts for lodging in Switzerland?

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Wombat :
We need to add an extra week to our planned stay in Zermatt. We'd like to
go somewhere else -- possibly Verbier or near St. Moritz. Anyone have any
recommendations for web resources or travel resources for reasonably priced
lodging packages?

Look at the web site for the tourist board and check the "Ferienwohnung"
section (apartements in french ... ?). If there's no online booking, just
pick the ones you like the look of and phone them.

If you can't make head or tail of the web site, email the tourist board
and ask them to send you a brochure. they usually oblige.

We do that. A cosy small flat for 2 costs us SF55 a night and it's 7
minutes' walk from the lifts (no I'm not telling you where :-) ).

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old December 8th 03, 02:06 PM
Johannes

Hi

On 5 Dec 2003 18:26:17 GMT, Wombat wrote:

We need to add an extra week to our planned stay in Zermatt. We'd like to
go somewhere else -- possibly Verbier or near St. Moritz. Anyone have any
recommendations for web resources or travel resources for reasonably priced
lodging packages?

The aera around St. Moritz is called Oberengadin take a look he
http://www.bergbahnenengadin.ch/021stm_00_en.htm

under Services you find hotel booking.

Johannes
Old December 9th 03, 06:50 AM
lcopps

Look into the Glacier Express to St Moritz. Great train ride through the
mountains. It leaves from Zermatt Banhoff. I do not know if and when it
runs in the winter. But heres a link.
http://www.bvz.ch/en/

Wombat wrote:

We need to add an extra week to our planned stay in Zermatt. We'd like to
go somewhere else -- possibly Verbier or near St. Moritz. Anyone have any
recommendations for web resources or travel resources for reasonably priced
lodging packages?

Thanks!