A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Alpine Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Trying to revive grass skiing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 27th 12, 01:10 PM

First recorded activity by SkiBanter: Apr 2012
Default Trying to revive grass skiing

Hi everyone,
I live in Australia where as you may know we have rather short snow seasons lasting at best three months and pretty poor quality snow. For the past few years I have been thinking how we could enjoy something that at least remotely resembles skiing and finally came up with a relatively simple design of skiing device that can carve on dry surface. I had earlier tried rolling tread based ski but it's quite demanding in terms of turning and hard with speed control. I guess in my younger years it would have been fun but I am a bit less crazy these days.

I spent quite a bit on patent applications and building prototypes but I am not sure if I should risk more funding to make a few more pairs (short series manufacturing is quite expensive). This brief video shows how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eiSip6J03Q

I would appreciate your feedback which would help me to make my mind whether I should try taking it further or just stop here and just enjoy riding my prototype in preparation for our ski season.